Cell discounting?

Releng

Cell discounting?

Postby Releng » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:14 pm

Hi I need a bit of advice. Do Cell do limited time discounts on their latest range of bikes?
I am mildly keen on a cell awaba 2 29er, Looks like what I need pretty good spec and good reviews.
What is stopping me from pulling the trigger is Cell's discounting history. Like most shops they tend to run great discounted offers every now and then.
I am nervous that I will buy the bike for todays listed price and see it in a couple of months for 40% off.
What is the go??

Releng

Re: Cell discounting?

Postby Releng » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:33 pm

Lucky I did not buy one back in December.
http://www.this link is broken/Cell-Awaba- ... Newsletter

Rob74

Re: Cell discounting Awaba 2 (or1)?

Postby Rob74 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:59 pm

So has anyone bought an Awaba 2 (or a 1) and taken it out on some sweet single track...what do you reckon?...and what is your benchmark for comparison/previous bike eg 2010 26" Giant Alias, also what Ht are you & what frame size did you get.

If you looked at an Awaba 2 and did not buy one... What was your reason?...and what did you end up buying?

Rob

m@

Postby m@ » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:43 am

Have you read the Flow MTB review?
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Mrlinderman

Postby Mrlinderman » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:08 pm

I test rode one when I was looking for a bike, ended up with a superfly as I'm a heavier set guy and the superfly felt sturdier in my hands over the Awaba, but if I was on the lighter side and still looking for a bike the 2.0 would be top of a small list of choices. Its a nice bike for sure
"Hope is not a strategy"
Trek Superfly 21.5 2015 29er

Releng

Postby Releng » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:15 pm

I bought a 2nd hand Norco Fireball locally, a decent spec hardtail about 6-7 years old for a good price that will do the job without too much money tied up in another bike that I will not use very often. Not as nice and flash as the Awaba but I should be nearly able to keep up with the boys. And I have an excuse if I can't.

__PG__

Postby __PG__ » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:00 pm

I bought an Awaba 1.0 just before Christmas. It's been on single track once. It was awesome.

The only other time I've ridden single track was on an old rental Cannondale. Sorry I'm an MTB noob so I can't really compare it to anything. :D
1994 Cecil Walker (now retired)
2013 Baum Corretto
2014 Cell Awaba 1.0

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:34 pm

From what I have seen, prices go up, especially since the recent currency exchange trajectory.

I don't recall seeing discount codes or similar from Cell Bikes for a long time, though don't have my pulse on the discounting strategy and if you can expect any in the near future, but the pricing is already very competitive.
Cycling is in my BNA

Robthommo

Postby Robthommo » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:39 pm

Cell discounting?

Not in store at Fitzroy

Went to order some rock n roll gold on line yesterday from Cell. $10 per bottle. None in stock.

Happened to drive past yesterday after a meeting and called into store to grab a bottle. Thankfully only 1

$17.95 for the 4oz bottle. I should have been a better consumer and handed the bottle back and kept my coin. Not sure how an additional 80% can be charged for visiting the store and picking up a bottle from the counter.

I am a supporter of buying local and have purchased a set of Fulcrum 3s last year from Cell for a competitive price.

Just thought I would share

nezumi

Postby nezumi » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:27 pm

Robthommo wrote:Cell discounting?

Not in store at Fitzroy

Went to order some rock n roll gold on line yesterday from Cell. $10 per bottle. None in stock.

Happened to drive past yesterday after a meeting and called into store to grab a bottle. Thankfully only 1

$17.95 for the 4oz bottle. I should have been a better consumer and handed the bottle back and kept my coin. Not sure how an additional 80% can be charged for visiting the store and picking up a bottle from the counter.

I am a supporter of buying local and have purchased a set of Fulcrum 3s last year from Cell for a competitive price.

Just thought I would share
I have made a point in the past of asking them in-store to match their web price - they were quite happy to oblige.
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000