Bontrager interchange trunk bags available anywhere?

drfrogsplat

Bontrager interchange trunk bags available anywhere?

Postby drfrogsplat » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:07 pm

When I bought my Trek FX 7.5 a couple of years ago, and got the Bontrager interchange rack on it, you could get trunk bags from Bontrager that were designed to fit the rack and clip on/off easily (no extra parts required). Kind of like the Topeak ones, just the Trek version. Great. But I didn't buy it at the time... and now they've disappeared.

Can't find anywhere in Australia that sells them, even places like amzon.com are out of stock (possibly discontinued?)... the bontrager site itself no longer lists them if you have your country set to Australia (though if you set it to the U.S. there's a much larger range of bags including the interchange trunk bags).

Any ideas where in Australia I might find one?

Or is there some reason they're no longer sold?

DarrylH

Re: Bontrager interchange trunk bags available anywhere?

Postby DarrylH » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:29 pm

I have found with other Bontrager products, that the Aust importer does not bring in everything shown on the Bontrager site. I had to order from USA and get delivered to a USA friend as there is obviously an agreement to give the importer a monopoly.

flashpixx

Postby flashpixx » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:47 pm

go to your largest Trek only dealer and ask them to have a look. They have Ipad thingies that has live lists all stock available.

If not available in Oz they could tell you if it is possible to do a special order :?
Gordon

Riding: Trek Domane SLR 7

drfrogsplat

Postby drfrogsplat » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:01 pm

Thanks for feedback—in case anyone else is in the same boat, none of the shops I tried could help, so I ended up getting a Topeak rack instead as those bags/etc were in every single bike shop. I can kind of see why Bontrager might have given up on their system.

cage

Postby cage » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:21 pm

Bought my Interchange rack and bag just over a couple of years ago now. Was able to get the rack from my local store but they didn't have, and couldn't get, the bags so I ended up buying it from All Terraincycles in the UK. They where the cheapest that would post at the time.
If drivers and riders spent more time worrying about their responsibilities than their rights then roads would be far safer.