new cyclocross or light weight tourer in Brisbane.

trenticus

new cyclocross or light weight tourer in Brisbane.

Postby trenticus » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:10 pm

Im looking for some assistance here.I'm inthe market for a replacement bike. I currently have a road and mountain but looking to replace both. I commute 3 times a week 56k round trip over the gateway bridge, take the kids to school, at least one 70-80k ride each week with the odd charity 100k. So here is the dilema. I want one ride to do everything. This means panniers during the week and slicks (700×23) on the Weekend. Ilive on the bay so I want to carry a fishing road and bait box and the kids flippers for sqauad training at the local pool. So the budget is 1-2k, I want at least 105 group set, drop bars are a must! Compact crank or tripple with 11 to 28 or 32t cassette.
Sounds like a lot, but I've seen a number of bikes that fit the requirements. TREK 520 disk, Specialized AWOL etc. The thing is I can't find a dealer that keep either cx or tourers in stock!! Why??? Before I make a decision I want to give them a try. See for me I still need to go fast enough to get to work in sub 1 hour and I'm afraid that the bikes I'm looking at are too heavy. Any suggestions for bikes and or retailers south of the river!!!!