Eleven Velo - merino bib knicks for bigger builds

Espresso_

Eleven Velo - merino bib knicks for bigger builds

Postby Espresso_ » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:27 pm

Hi all

I'm thinking about buying my first pair of bib knicks to replace a very lovely set of Icebreaker merino GT knicks (shorts) which have lasted a good four years. Unfortunately these are no longer made (or at least I can't find them for sale anywhere in Australia) so I've decided to explore bib knicks.

I'm interested in the Eleven Velo brand because they can do custom sizes and I generally don't fit the usual premium cycling brands very well (5'9" and 92kg). I also am keen on merino.

Has anyone had experience with Eleven Velo bib knicks, and/or their custom size service?

E

Espresso_

Re: Eleven Velo - merino bib knicks for bigger builds

Postby Espresso_ » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:47 pm

Not a lot of feedback here, but great reviews so I've gone ahead and ordered a set anyway.

So far, phone service on custom fit has been good and email updates on progress have been good. Will report back when they land.

E

Espresso_

Postby Espresso_ » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:27 pm

Just to round this out, I've now received the bib shorts and put them through a few good rides and spin class sessions.

You'll need to take my comments with a grain of salt because these are the first bib shorts I've ever owned.

Overall I'm extremely impressed with the fit - it was like it was made for me (it was). It's rare for me to find things that fit well and even custom doesn't always work out so I'm glad to report that it's excellent. The best thing I can say is that you quickly forget you're wearing anything at all.

There is a downside. The overall time taken to deliver the garment was very long, and there were production issues during this period that contributed. While these may now have been resolved it's one for those wanting instant gratification.

I'd buy more from these guys again. Quality stuff.

E

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:53 pm

Espresso_ wrote:Just to round this out, I've now received the bib shorts and put them through a few good rides and spin class sessions.

You'll need to take my comments with a grain of salt because these are the first bib shorts I've ever owned.

Overall I'm extremely impressed with the fit - it was like it was made for me (it was). It's rare for me to find things that fit well and even custom doesn't always work out so I'm glad to report that it's excellent. The best thing I can say is that you quickly forget you're wearing anything at all.

There is a downside. The overall time taken to deliver the garment was very long, and there were production issues during this period that contributed. While these may now have been resolved it's one for those wanting instant gratification.

I'd buy more from these guys again. Quality stuff.

E
There's another down side. If they make you want to ride more, you won't stay at 92kg, and then they won't fit. You might have to buy more from them again.

I haven't worn woolen nicks since they had leather chamoix.

Cheers,

Cameron

Espresso_

Postby Espresso_ » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:43 pm

ironhanglider wrote: There's another down side. If they make you want to ride more, you won't stay at 92kg, and then they won't fit. You might have to buy more from them again.

I haven't worn woolen nicks since they had leather chamoix.

Cheers,

Cameron
Quite possibly!

Actually biggest issue I have with fit is that my thighs are very large - muscly rather than fat. I doubt that riding more will help with that!

While they are wool they aren't designed for warmth per se.

E