Xds ladies street bike advice

Vivian new girl

Xds ladies street bike advice

Postby Vivian new girl » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:33 pm

Hello

I am new to this forum so please go easy on me here….
So, for years I rode a Dutch style vintage bike which although was very beautiful, was slow and heavy. (I use the past tense here, as she got stolen!!)

So although I love those bikes (wicker baskets and all), I get envious of other cyclists zooming past me on my commute to and from work. So I'm looking at buying other styles of bikes which are much lighter and thus make my commute to and from work much zippier.

I've noticed the Xds Ladies street bike at a local bike shop (pink and black) and tried riding it up and down the store and alleyway.

http://www.xdsbicycles.com.au/XDS-Produ ... reet-Bikes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I liked how it "felt" when riding it briefly, but because I am not a bike pro/expert I don't know if the quality of the bike and parts are good. Also, it may have felt good to me as I am used to a heavy Dutch style bike for so long. (may she rest in peace in stolen bike heaven)

I have tried googling reviews of the Xds brand and have not really come up with much. Any advice on the Xds brand or peoples opinions on the quality of the specs from the product description, would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Vivian

stephend2112

Re: Xds ladies street bike advice

Postby stephend2112 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:18 pm

Hi Vivian, I've been riding an XDS single speed for about 3 years. Done over 12,000 ks and it's been fantastic. Bought it for $450. Very cheap enjoyable transport. Have delayed getting a road bike as haven't felt strong enough need.

tooslowtorace

Postby tooslowtorace » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:19 pm

We have a ladies xds bike similar to what you describe, bought second-hand and I've not been impressed with what is priced well above the bargain basement for these.
1/ the hubs are poor quality and run rough, couldn't be correctly adjusted
2/ the rear wheel has broken a number of spokes
3/ all the chrome on the front and rear rack has a good covering of rust
4/ the bottom bracket would not stay tight and had to be replaced
5/ the chain ring can loose on the crank arm

All these problems except the rust have been repaired but did not endear me to the brand, it does way less work than most of my bikes but needs way more maintenance to keep it running sweet.

Vivian new girl

Postby Vivian new girl » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:26 pm

Thanks guys for your help!