Castelli Kiss3 Pad

flashpixx

Castelli Kiss3 Pad

Postby flashpixx » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:11 am

Castelli have stopped making the Kiss3 much to my disappointment. The replacement Kiss Air is lighter thinner and becomes uncomfortable after a couple of hours.

I have just found stock of the Castelli Velocissimo Due Bibshorts that Ribble have confirmed has the Kiss3 Pad.

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-t ... =HTMLEmail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gordon

Riding: Trek Domane SLR 7

Robinho

Re: Castelli Kiss3 Pad

Postby Robinho » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:42 pm

I thought the kiss 3 pad was a revelation until I bought castelli bibs with the progetto x2, which is so superior it's not funny
Last edited by Robinho on Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flashpixx

Postby flashpixx » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Robinho wrote:I thought the kiss 3 pad was a revelation until I bought castelli bibs with the progetto x2, which is so superior it's not funny
tried the Progetto X2 in some Castelli Aero bibs. Better than the new Kiss Air, but after 2 hours I find the Kiss3 is better at providing padding to the sit bones. After 4 hours there is no comparison.

Apparently I have a boney ar@e :(
Gordon

ball bearing

Postby ball bearing » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:54 pm

Robinho wrote:I thought the kiss 3 pad was a revelation until I bought castelli bibs with the progetto x2, which is so superior it's not funny
Tried my Castelli Free Aero bibs today and I am slightly puzzled by the soreness I developed on my perineum. My Gist bibs with a cheapo CoolMax pad never gave me such soreness, although I do find myself shifting around after a couple of hours. Either my anatomy is really weird or the many reviews I read are wrong.

battler2

Postby battler2 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:33 am

it is a very thin pad, so soreness in that area is going to be a saddle problem i think. perineum should be where the cutout in the saddle is.

ball bearing

Postby ball bearing » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:57 am

battler2 wrote:it is a very thin pad, so soreness in that area is going to be a saddle problem i think. perineum should be where the cutout in the saddle is.
I plan on wearing some shorts without a pad to see if there is something about the saddle shape that rubs me the wrong way. The thing that puzzles me is that the pain that developed yesterday is something new and I have many miles on the Max Flow; I have three of these expensive saddles.

Everyone raves about the Progetto x2 pad.

flashpixx

Postby flashpixx » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:04 pm

I've changed brands :( was very happy with the Kiss3 pad

Got me some Assos T.equipe_s7.

They are excellent and expensive. No chaffing on the inner thigh, initially are slightly less padded that Kiss 3, but that doesn't change for the whole ride. Did a 3 hour ride last weekend and was just as comfy at the end of it as I was at the start. Now if they last they will be a great investment.
Gordon

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:19 am

Tried Exteondo yesterday for 150km ride, so surprised at how good they were. Really comfortable. Their EU/Asia 'small' size (XS for USA) fit perfectly as well.

I never knew of that brand before. Came across them purely by chance.

Hillsaretheenemy

Postby Hillsaretheenemy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:39 pm

I have multiple Castelli bibs, some with the Kiss3 and other with Progetto. I actually find the Kiss3 better for up to about 3 hrs, with the progetto I find I require chamois cream but can ride for longer without discomfort. They seem a bit horses for courses. I'm 80kg and ride a Fizik Arione.