Wireless earphones, sweat resistant

g-boaf

Wireless earphones, sweat resistant

Postby g-boaf » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:47 pm

I recently saw a very decent set of wireless earphones aimed at riders/runners or other athletes at the recent ATEC expo in Sydney Olympic Park a few weeks back, but cannot remember the name of them.

I want to purchase a set of them for when I'm indoors on the trainer and prefer to listen to my own music rather than some disco/techno stuff.

I've been using my Bose QC15s only sparingly, they are a bit too nice for that use. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Found them - https://atecexpo.wordpress.com/2015/06/ ... ess-music/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RonK

Re: Wireless earphones, sweat resistant

Postby RonK » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:05 pm

Jaybird Bluebuds X
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:08 pm

Thanks Ron - that's them. We must have found them at about the same time. That will save my ears and my sanity. I cannot stand techno music. :lol:

RonK

Postby RonK » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:30 pm

I have them - expensive but good.

If you are using an iPhone you may find the Accudio app worthwhile.

KGB

Postby KGB » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:51 pm

Sound awesome for the trainer - until I read this review:
http://www.techrepublic.com/article/jay ... -to-avoid/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Robinho

Postby Robinho » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:58 pm

I've got some jabra sport Bluetooth headphones that work pretty well, supposedly sweat/water resistant, although they do crap themselves sometimes when they get very wet

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:12 pm

KGB wrote:Sound awesome for the trainer - until I read this review:
http://www.techrepublic.com/article/jay ... -to-avoid/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ooh... :shock: Hmm. I tried them briefly when I looked at them, but only when walking around the exhibition.

I've been having a bar stool beside the bike, phone on that and headphone wires threaded round the front of the bars so they wouldn't get caught.
RonK wrote:I have them - expensive but good.

If you are using an iPhone you may find the Accudio app worthwhile.
I do have an iPhone 5, thanks for the suggestion.

KGB

Postby KGB » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:18 pm

Yeah, my setup is pretty much the same. Wireless would be great.

Nads

Postby Nads » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:34 pm

Hi, I have been using Monster Isport buetooth in ear buds. They have great sound, haven't failed due to sweat and are on special at Harvey Norman for $98, good buy I reckon
http://www.harveynorman.com.au/headphon ... -blue.html

march83

Postby march83 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:11 am

I'm using Plantronics Backbeat Go2 bluetooth headphones on the trainer. 2 years now and they're still going strong, only problem is the battery doesn't last 4hrs anymore, especially not at the sort of volume I need to drown out the rollers.

beanspropulsion

Postby beanspropulsion » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:10 pm

Been using "Blueant Pump".

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/headphones-dj ... ck/587572/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Highly recommend.

Tim Mifsud

Postby Tim Mifsud » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:01 pm

I've got the Jaybird Bluebuds X. They sound great, but now I use the Aftershokz Bluez 2 for riding and running I'll never go back. Being able to hear the traffic whether running or riding is so important for safety. The Bluebuds are better for workouts in the gym though, so that's why I keep them.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:39 pm

Tim Mifsud wrote:I've got the Jaybird Bluebuds X. They sound great, but now I use the Aftershokz Bluez 2 for riding and running I'll never go back. Being able to hear the traffic whether running or riding is so important for safety. The Bluebuds are better for workouts in the gym though, so that's why I keep them.

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't wear headphones when actually riding or walking, these would only be for trainer use. And I can't keep using the Bose ones, they are too good - and with a cable not really very practical, it's an accident waiting to happen. Cable caught in something, phone goes flying across the room...

March83: thanks for that suggestion also, will look at those too perhaps.
Last edited by g-boaf on Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RonK

Postby RonK » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:41 pm

Tim Mifsud wrote:I've got the Jaybird Bluebuds X. They sound great, but now I use the Aftershokz Bluez 2 for riding and running I'll never go back. Being able to hear the traffic whether running or riding is so important for safety. The Bluebuds are better for workouts in the gym though, so that's why I keep them.
Like these - might have to get a set

TomBikes

Postby TomBikes » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:44 pm

I highly recommend, Yurbuds. I have a wired set and they are great. There is a silicone/plastic earpiece which covers the earbuds to protect them from sweat and there are a range of sizes and ear "clips" to hold them in snugly.

tomee

Postby tomee » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:21 pm

i had been running aftershockz but stopped due to them being uncomfortable while wearing a helmet and sunglasses as there just isnt enough room around the ears. Also i managed to drop them and the plastic around the edges broke.

Tim Mifsud

Postby Tim Mifsud » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:31 pm

tomee wrote: I had been running aftershockz but stopped due to them being uncomfortable while wearing a helmet and sunglasses as there just isnt enough room around the ears. Also i managed to drop them and the plastic around the edges broke.
It took me a while to work out how to get the Aftershokz comfy for me. I found with my Lazer Helmet that they work fine if I put them on first then put the sunnies over the top. The sunnies and Aftershokz sit inside the helmet straps (blasphemous I'm sure to the Velominati!) but they sit outside the adjustable plastic headband of the helmet. Seems to be fine so far. I haven't dropped mine yet but am scared I will and they might break. They are also a pain to carry around off the head with their awkward shape.