Buying bike from the US

UmaT

Buying bike from the US

Postby UmaT » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:07 pm

Admin says: This user was banned for being a spammer

Hi guys!
I'm new to this forum and just wanted to ask if any Of you have ever ordered a bike from one of the US online stores. If so, did you buy directly from the seller or used one of the forwarding companies? I heard about shipping companies that give you a free virtual mail address in America and ship your order to Australia. This way you are able to save on shipping as they charge much less than the actual bike stores. Also, it's a great solution in case the seller doesn't ship to Australia at all.

Can you provide some insight and share your experience please?

RonK

Buying bike from the US

Postby RonK » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:31 pm

UmaT wrote:Hi guys!
I'm new to this forum and just wanted to ask if any Of you have ever ordered a bike from one of the US online stores. If so, did you buy directly from the seller or used one of the forwarding companies? I heard about shipping companies that give you a free virtual mail address in America and ship your order to Australia. This way you are able to save on shipping as they charge much less than the actual bike stores. Also, it's a great solution in case the seller doesn't ship to Australia at all.

Can you provide some insight and share your experience please?
Forwarding agents are unlikely to save you money. You use them when the seller won't ship outside the US.
Also US bike stores are restricted from selling certain brands online.
And don't overlook that you will be charged GST on the landed price when it arrives here.
At the current FX rate it's really not the time to buy a complete bike from the US.
What bike are you wanting to buy?
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

UmaT

Re: Buying bike from the US

Postby UmaT » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:00 pm

Thanks for your response! I was gonna buy a Cannondale bike