Byk e-620CX

JetRangerMike

Byk e-620CX

Postby JetRangerMike » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:10 pm

Hi,
Does anybody know anything about the Byk e-620CX? https://www.bykbikes.com/kids-bike-rang ... -bike.html

I've been considering getting one for my son for his next birthday - but when I check with their resellers they don't know anything more than what's on the web-site, and when I emailed Byk they haven't responded in the last week. I've heard some good things about them but at the moment I'm thinking their customer service is crap.

What I was specifically after, was what cassette and chainring come on the bike to figure out gearing? And what are the width of the tyres?

I'd also love to know the difference between their e-620CX and e-620R models, because the specs look the same. Whereas, because he will be doing a little gravel grinding I'm thinking the CX may be a better option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I'd love to know if others have had better service out of them?

bigfriendlyvegan

Re: Byk e-620CX

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:11 pm

I wrote a review on the 620R last year. It's pretty much a cross bike as it is with the mini v-brakes and the sti levers on it - a common set-up for adult cross riders. The CX bike looks like the road bike with, possibly, slightly wider forks at the top and, definitely, bigger tyres.

The Byk 620R is great, a perfect bike for a kid. Put CX tyres on it and you're good to go, or go the CX route.

You can get the bikes through your local bike shop. I picked the review one up from Blackmans at Parramatta (Sydney).

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:14 pm

JetRangerMike wrote:... when I emailed Byk they haven't responded in the last week. I've heard some good things about them but at the moment I'm thinking their customer service is crap....
If you have a Facebook account, send them a message. ByK have always responded within a day to my few queries.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

JetRangerMike

Postby JetRangerMike » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:52 pm

Thanks for the heads-up