Reid Terra Elite any good?

ThinkingP

Reid Terra Elite any good?

Postby ThinkingP » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:02 am

Hello,

I'm currently looking into buying a MTB. Price range around 1000 dollar.
I came across the Reid Terra Elite which seems to have decent components for this price range.
https://www.reidcycles.com.au/reid-terra-elite.html

Does anyone have any experience with this bike / has some thoughts whether or not its a good bike for the money?

Thanks!

Humphreytr22

Re: Reid Terra Elite any good?

Postby Humphreytr22 » Sun May 01, 2016 8:13 am

Hi,
How did you go?
Did you get the Terra elite?
What are your thoughts on it?

Leighthal

Postby Leighthal » Thu May 05, 2016 12:40 am

I purchased my Reid Terra Elite a couple of weeks ago and intend to do an in depth review of it on YouTube soon. In short, what I can say is, is that it is amazing value for what is essentially a great bike. It perform-ably rides better than some of the other bikes I've ridden from it's price bracket too; such as the Giant Talon 3. I would definitely recommend the Reid Terra for anyone looking for a new bike for $1000 (or even $1500 if the Terra's bigger brother the Solo didn't exist). However like many new bikes it takes a bit of wearing in, so I can't accurately speak of it's true potential, but I can say that from the few rides I've had with it, it climbs well (quite well in fact), brakes well and jumps surprisingly well. The continental tires are sticky and I don't intend on swapping them out; in fact the only thing I've had to alter on the bike are the shop pedals over to some MTB flats. One of the few downsides is that the Rockshox fork don't seem to Lockout properly. Meh, but hey, I'm not complaining for what I'm getting for under $1000. I even get a solid warranty, lights, chain lock, a free service and to top it all off, Reid is pretty much an Australian brand!

Timbuctoo

Postby Timbuctoo » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:30 pm

Yep, just good one and its a bargain if there're any left. Did extensive research before buying and would say this is a great MTB starting point. Just upgrade bits and pieces down the track if needed. But for the majority you'd need to be a pretty awesome rider to out grow this