Anyone had experience with Flight or Polygon Bikes

emangeletti

Anyone had experience with Flight or Polygon Bikes

Postby emangeletti » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:32 am

Hi all,

Looking at women's bike options online which provide free shipping to my remote location. Flight and Polygon are two of these options. Looking at flat bar roadies or hybrids as I am just wanting a fitness bike for 10-15km rides 2-3x a week and have a budget of $550-$700. Just wondering if people have had experience with these brands in this price range good or bad?

Thanks

MichaelB

Re: Anyone had experience with Flight or Polygon Bikes

Postby MichaelB » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:27 pm

Did a test of a Polygon C6 here for BNA (see review section).

Great bike for the price and I had no problems whatsoever. A workmate has also purchased one recently, and no issues so far.

Michael B

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:59 pm

I don't recall hearing much about Flight bikes so suggest that it would be small / unknown.

Polygon are well established through BicyclesOnline in Australia who have a retail store in Sydney (I was there the other day) and online shop. They are competitively priced bikes with attractive returns policy. In general, a trustworthy brand / retailer.
Cycling is in my BNA

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:18 pm

Flight bikes were orginally sold by the old Goldcross cycles which are now part of the Super Retail group ( Amart Sports, Rebel, Super Cheap Auto etc). I bought a Flight Podium 1 road bike a few years back which was quite good. I got sucked in by the managing director telling me they would grow the Flight brand and that they would be a market force in years to come. Well that hasn't happened and can't see it happening to be honest. I sold my Flight bike 18 months ago to upgrade to 11speed.

Polygon on the other hand I really like where they are heading. Their Helios road bikes are really good and have heard the mtbs aren't bad either.
2013 BMC TM SLR01;2013/14 Bianchi Inf CV
2013 Lynskey Helix;2013 XACD Ti Di2
2013 Giant TCR Adv SL1;2014 Giant Defy Adv SL

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:57 am

As already noted, Flight is a house brand owned by Super Retail Group. Initially sold through Goldcross but now through Amart & Rebel. Both my wife and daughter have had Flight bikes - my wife had a Metro Comp Flat bar which was pretty good value for money IMHO, only reason it got sold is because she didnt ride it and it was too small for me to use as a trailer tower. For what you want I daresay a flight would more than suffice, I would steer clear of the entry level models though (but I would suggest that for pretty much any lower end/house brand)

Disclaimer: I work for SRG, but not in a role that has anything to do with Flight
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.