New Bike Friday model.

il padrone

New Bike Friday model.

Postby il padrone » Sun May 29, 2016 11:19 pm

Bike Friday has a new, very lightweight folding bike about to be released.

Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

softy

Re: New Bike Friday model.

Postby softy » Sun May 29, 2016 11:39 pm

Sounds like a great idea for people who rely ofn a bicycle as a primary form of transport.

My only issues is where do you store stuff you purchase, which is most of the time you go out, say groceries etc. You have the bike in the backpack, but where do I put a loaf of bread, veggies, milk etc. The bike fills the bag.

Okay once I assemble the bike the person is okay as the bike bag becomes the grocery bag. now I need to catch a bus for part of my trip home, then I need to again put the bike and groceries in one bag.

I would like to see how this can be done.
If the backpack has been made for extra cargo, could be pretty good, but the backpack did lot rather basic for a dual function.

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Sun May 29, 2016 11:50 pm

Yes. Why I would tend to prefer their tikit if I went for such a bike. Super-quick fold and the bike can be wheeled about folded, even carry a front pannier as you wheel it. Or folded and covered with the fitted bag, while you carry your bits in your backpack.
Mandatory helmet law?

amigo

Postby amigo » Mon May 30, 2016 12:48 am

I think it is one millionth attemp to make good folding bike, by they are still not so popular.
They was you will not have to lock it any more. If I go into the shop to by a botle of water, it can take 30 sec, do they suggest that i spend 1.5 minutes packing my bike into the backpack and then 1.5 min unpacking it?
May be it is a solution if you live in a hotel room and do not want to leave your bike outside overnight. In all other cases normal bike is better.
Check out my cycling adventures on YouTube

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Mon May 30, 2016 12:38 pm

amigo wrote:I think it is one millionth attemp to make good folding bike, by they are still not so popular.
They was you will not have to lock it any more. If I go into the shop to by a botle of water, it can take 30 sec, do they suggest that i spend 1.5 minutes packing my bike into the backpack and then 1.5 min unpacking it?
May be it is a solution if you live in a hotel room and do not want to leave your bike outside overnight. In all other cases normal bike is better.
There are still some benefits of a folder. The BF tikit in particular is even more versatile, with its super-quick fold. Just wheel it, or carry it, into the shop or café.

Mandatory helmet law?

softy

Postby softy » Mon May 30, 2016 5:28 pm

that is a much better design,

great for zooming up the shop. The only thing I could see is people complaining you are pushing you folded bike around the shop and it is a hazard.

The demo was in a very spacious shop so okay, but other people (we all know them) love to complain about everything, and you my be asked to leave the bike outside or leave the shop if they make a fuss.

Otherwise very nifty.

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Mon May 30, 2016 7:23 pm

.....as opposed to just pushing a stroller, pram, or god-damned shopping trolley about? Yeah, it sure is an 'obstruction'. NOT!

I'd dismiss any such objections out of hand.
Mandatory helmet law?