Problem with Ribble online checkout

Ross

Problem with Ribble online checkout

Postby Ross » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:33 am

So Ribble have a deal going at the moment with some cheap GP4000s and you enter the code TYRES20 and it gives you 20% off but when you go to checkout the shopping cart price at the top of the page in green is the pre-discount price even though the actual cart deducts the 20% and so Paypal gets all confused and won't complete the transaction.

I have emailed Ribble about this but being the weekend they won't reply until at least Monday. Hope this deal is still available then. :?

open roader

Re: Problem with Ribble online checkout

Postby open roader » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:54 am

This is for the Conti GP4000s II twin pack http://www.ribblecycles.com/au/continen ... -twinpack/

The TYRES20 discount code works OK for me.

Totals
Subtotal $87.99
Discount (TYRES20) -$17.60
Shipping & Handling (Standard Delivery - Royal Mail) $15.00
Grand Total $85.39

Not sure what you mean by "but when you go to checkout the shopping cart price at the top of the page in green is the pre-discount price even though the actual cart deducts the 20% and so Paypal gets all confused and won't complete the transaction"

Have you tried clearing your cookies, emptying your cart and starting afresh?
3rd class cycling is always better than 1st class walking

kingswood

Postby kingswood » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:24 pm

Ross, I have the exact problem. Tried clearing the cart etc., to no avail. Like you, I tried to email them. Still no response.

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:03 am

I am still experiencing this problem (Tues). Several other people I know are experiencing same issue. Another friend has managed to buy several lots in different transactions. I have tried using Firefox browser and also Explorer.

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:42 pm

Just had a reply from Ribble via live chat (pity they couldn't of been pro-active and emailed me about this...though maybe they have hundreds of people with same issue):

Unfortunately we are having a problem with PayPal payments not accepting payment once a discount has been applied, the web team is aware of this problem however it is not a quick fix, do you have an alternative method of payment you can use? Sorry for the inconveince caused.