Black Friday and Cyber Monday Overload

biker jk

Re: Black Friday and Cyber Monday Overload

Postby biker jk » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:11 pm

rodneycc wrote:
Patt0 wrote:
rodneycc wrote:
So Domane vs my two Ti bikes?
I want a Ti bike but I believe I will regret it somewhat after riding my Domane. I do 20km on concrete path on my commute everyday and that is the reason why.
You got to remember Ti can be pretty heavy as well. So its not going to be the speed and climbing machine like the Domane could potentially be or the Defy is.
Total weight for a Domane 56cm is 7.49kg (sans pedals and bottle cages) while my Lynskey is 7.4kg. Admittedly, I have lightish wheels and my frame is 200 grams heavier than the Domane. But not really a performance disadvantage of a Lynskey versus Domane based on weight.

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:30 pm

biker jk wrote:
rodneycc wrote:
Patt0 wrote:
I want a Ti bike but I believe I will regret it somewhat after riding my Domane. I do 20km on concrete path on my commute everyday and that is the reason why.
You got to remember Ti can be pretty heavy as well. So its not going to be the speed and climbing machine like the Domane could potentially be or the Defy is.
Total weight for a Domane 56cm is 7.49kg (sans pedals and bottle cages) while my Lynskey is 7.4kg. Admittedly, I have lightish wheels and my frame is 200 grams heavier than the Domane. But not really a performance disadvantage of a Lynskey versus Domane based on weight.
Yeah my Lynskey Helix (ML) is about 7.6-7.7kg decked out as about as light as it can be and my XACD about 8.5kg. You put my Fulcrum Zero wheels which I have on the Lynskey Helix on the Domane (I rode on the weekend) and I reckon it would be about 7.1kg-7.2kg (or low 7's). Yeah I know its not all about weight but I reckon you could get the Domane down pretty low without much effort and it did seem to climb very well even with the stock wheels on it that looked nothing flash. And then you have the cost. I'd bet the Lynskey would cost a bit more than the Domane. But on the other hand you have the Lynskey that would last a lifetime compared to the Domane which you might not want a lifetime and want something else in 5 years time. A lot of variables really.

Edit: Lynskey 7.60, both Giants and Bmc low 7s (ready to ride )
Last edited by rodneycc on Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2013 BMC TM SLR01;2013/14 Bianchi Inf CV
2013 Lynskey Helix;2013 XACD Ti Di2
2013 Giant TCR Adv SL1;2014 Giant Defy Adv SL

Patt0

Postby Patt0 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:07 pm

My curiosity got the better of me and I just weighed my two bikes. 9.4kg for the domane with std extras like pedals, lights, cages and camera mounts. I cant imagine there is more than a kg there. My singlespeed steely is 10.4kg. I am hovering at 92kg and always have a 6kg + bag on my back plus a litre of water when I hit the hills, so a few hundreed grams doesnt get much mind time. I will get a Ti, just not strong enough to resist. I was thinking of a sportive, but am now thinking something more racy.

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:29 pm

Patt0 wrote:My curiosity got the better of me and I just weighed my two bikes. 9.4kg for the domane with std extras like pedals, lights, cages and camera mounts. I cant imagine there is more than a kg there. My singlespeed steely is 10.4kg. I am hovering at 92kg and always have a 6kg + bag on my back plus a litre of water when I hit the hills, so a few hundreed grams doesnt get much mind time. I will get a Ti, just not strong enough to resist. I was thinking of a sportive, but am now thinking something more racy.
9.4kg? You sure, thats heavy for a carbon road bike. I can understand 10.4kg for the steely but 9.4kg for a carbon???? I'd be looking at trying to lower that with wheels and whatever and it will feel like a new bike I reckon.
2013 BMC TM SLR01;2013/14 Bianchi Inf CV
2013 Lynskey Helix;2013 XACD Ti Di2
2013 Giant TCR Adv SL1;2014 Giant Defy Adv SL

Patt0

Postby Patt0 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:54 pm

I got some carbon rims today and will be ordering hubs and spokes on the weekend. Mainly for looks. May shave a few grams.

Arbuckle23

Postby Arbuckle23 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:53 am

Still getting emails about "Extended Black Friday Sales" :x

Patt0

Postby Patt0 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:12 am

Hold on to your hats, christmas promos have started!