Which of these Cruiser style bikes would you recommend?

andrew116

Which of these Cruiser style bikes would you recommend?

Postby andrew116 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:53 am

Hi guys,
I'm thinking of getting my wife a cruiser style bike for Christmas. She really likes this style of bike. I found 3 different bikes which all seem similar in price and appearance, but I'm wondering if there's one that's obviously the better choice (or obviously the worse choice)

Progear Classique - http://www.progearbikes.com.au/Progear- ... -mint.html

Reid Vintage - https://www.reidcycles.com.au/reid-vint ... -plus.html

Crane Retro - https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys ... 2-05_10-09

The Aldi one is the cheapest so all things being equal I would probably go with that one. I'd appreciate any advice!

rodneycc

Re: Which of these Cruiser style bikes would you recommend?

Postby rodneycc » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:40 pm

Frought with danger buying bikes for wives or partners without them there. You are a braver man than I.

Yeah probably the Aldi on price but not much in it. With the Reid its a proper bike shop so they will check it all over and might be a little more hassle free in the long run (just maybe avoid their busy times like weekends and hopefully you should get better service). If I had no experience with bikes then I would probably go with the Reid otherwise I would go the Aldi. Anyway good luck.

Ps also the thing with the Aldi is you know its going to be discounted to $150 in a few weeks. So if you are a gambling man...
2013 BMC TM SLR01;2013/14 Bianchi Inf CV
2013 Lynskey Helix;2013 XACD Ti Di2
2013 Giant TCR Adv SL1;2014 Giant Defy Adv SL

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:59 am

I think I know who the supplier is for the Aldi - and that is the one I would go for. Aldi are are selling bikes at great prices and with any other brand name, you would pay more for the same. The intention, I believe, is to attract people instore. The last 3 rounds of bikes (MTB, then road, then MTB) were good value entry level bikes.

You need to know that the Aldi bikes will never become classics and while they are entry level, they are also solid, reliable and safe. I am expecting that the assembly of the Dutch style bike is fairly straight forward. Take particularly care to ensure that the brakes are working well.

In the picture, the handlebars are angled too far up - so should be twisted down into a comfortable and natural position for the rider.

Cycling is in my BNA

mitzikatzi

Postby mitzikatzi » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:57 pm

Depending on your bike mechanic skills. A lot to be said buying the Reid from a proper bike shop.