Cinelli Nemo

evilution

Cinelli Nemo

Postby evilution » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:53 pm

Hi All

Thinking about purchasing a Cinelli Nemo tig with Campag Potenza Groupset and Zonda wheels, probably need to import myself so will end up quite costly for a N+1. $4k ish before GST, Duties and custom fees. To be mainly used for 50-100km solo rides.
Already have carbon roady and keen on something steel.

Thoughts please? Yay or Nay

minhyy

Re: Cinelli Nemo

Postby minhyy » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:14 pm

I think for 4k you can get locally built custom steel plus a better groupset (perhaps Chorus or even Record, depending on wheelset budget)
VillaVelo, by the Vuong brothers

Blog: https://villaveloframes.wordpress.com/
FB & IG: @villaveloframes

evilution

Postby evilution » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:08 pm

I have considered that option, however don't know of any near me so it would likely be custom build from east coast or overseas. So don't see a huge benefit in made to measure if I am not there. Any suggestions welcome.
I really like the nemo and agree it is a bit pricey,....but i do like it

Uncle Just

Postby Uncle Just » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:48 pm

If you like it, are willing to pay the extra premium for an import and it fits that's what matters. :wink: Gets good reviews although the reviewer didn't like the press fit BB. I note in my size (56cm), it has a short HT so if you are not flexible, spacers would be necessary which compromises the aesthetic appeal for me. I ride custom steel with a mix of Zona and Life tubing which has thicker tubes. The Nemo is Spirit, their lightest tubing IIRC which can be dented if not being careful. Then again I know of a strong guy who has put 50K racing and training on his custom made Spirit frame with nary an issue. BTW where are you located? If going custom, things can be sorted with a builder by email or phone call.

evilution

Postby evilution » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:23 pm

I am in Perth, I am also 56cm and could live with a spacer or two if needed.
Yes press fit not ideal however I am unlikely to remove BB myself so...
Perhaps some more procrastinating required.... need to decide what I'd be happier with i guess