Front light compatible with GoPro style or Bontrager Blendr mount

roadfreak

Front light compatible with GoPro style or Bontrager Blendr mount

Postby roadfreak » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:47 pm

Hi all,

Have just purchased a Trek Madone 9 series with the integrated bar/stem. Usual lights don't mount onto the Madone's aero bars due to the shape of them. However the bars can take a GoPro style or use their own Blendr type mounts which can be seen here http://www.trekbikes.com/au/en_AU/equip ... s/p/13765/

I'm looking for a new front light to suit these type of mounts. Bontrager have the Ion 800 R which will fit but want to know of other brighter options. I'm after a bright, say 1,000+ lumen light with an integrated battery to suit. Budget up to ~$350.

Can anyone recommend a light?

Cheers.

CycloTron

Re: Front light compatible with GoPro style or Bontrager Blendr mount

Postby CycloTron » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:38 am

Why not go with the Bontrager Ion 800 (or even better, the RT version) since it would work perfectly with your bike/stem. You could even get the pack which includes the Flare RT as well. I have the Flare RT and can vouch for it.

The only other well-known light brand that I know of with GoPro mount compatible lights is Light and Motion.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:51 am

For many lights, you can unscrew the mount & replace it with one of these to make it gopro compatible
Anything you can do, I can do slower

roadfreak

Postby roadfreak » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:01 pm

CycloTron wrote:Why not go with the Bontrager Ion 800 (or even better, the RT version) since it would work perfectly with your bike/stem. You could even get the pack which includes the Flare RT as well. I have the Flare RT and can vouch for it.

The only other well-known light brand that I know of with GoPro mount compatible lights is Light and Motion.
The Ion 800 is an option but I'm not convinced its the best light for me considering there are many 1500+ lumen lights out there now which fit into my budget.

The Light and Motion Taz 1500 looks good.
find_bruce wrote:For many lights, you can unscrew the mount & replace it with one of these to make it gopro compatible
That is a good solution, thanks for the heads up.