What is the appeal/advantage of bib knicks?

IamGroot

Re: What is the appeal/advantage of bib knicks?

Postby IamGroot » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:02 am

I'm a recent convert and just love the product, great from stopping the bike shorts from rolling down (those of us who aren't slim) and as an older guy that's lost 60kgs over 5 years I have some very loose tummy skin and there perfect for holding this up out the way.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:01 am

Mububban wrote:Could you cut the suspender straps and stitch in an extra inch or two of elastic or recycled lycra?
Sure - there are a number of different approaches from DIY through to searching for an existing knicks design that does this.

Sometimes womens cycling shorts (knicks style) have broader and higher waists and elastic. For men's, I can't point you in the right direction as nothing comes to mind - but I am sure there are some out there. Otherwise DIY is you are able.
Cycling is in my BNA

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:47 am

IamGroot wrote:I'm a recent convert and just love the product, great from stopping the bike shorts from rolling down (those of us who aren't slim) and as an older guy that's lost 60kgs over 5 years I have some very loose tummy skin and there perfect for holding this up out the way.
Congatulations, brilliant effort. Your wife and kids will appreciate having you around for longer. :D