giant contend SL 1 or SL 2 max tyre clearance

newierider

giant contend SL 1 or SL 2 max tyre clearance

Postby newierider » Fri May 12, 2017 10:42 am

hi guys, i am borrowing the above bike to ride in the uk over christmas and i'm planning some big rides, some of it may hit light gravel roads. the bike currently has 25mm tyres and i'm thinking of taking some wider tyres over with me.

i believe the bike can take a continental 28, but i'm wondering if it could a wider tyre in a different brand. maybe a 32? not sure how much taller the 32 is. the bike has disc brakes. pretty sure the rear could take a 32.

im thinking of the conty all season tyre or gp4000s

cheers guys.

ValleyForge

Re: giant contend SL 1 or SL 2 max tyre clearance

Postby ValleyForge » Fri May 12, 2017 12:16 pm

newierider wrote:im thinking of the conty all season tyre or gp4000s

cheers guys.
Can't comment on the clearance, but the Conti 4 Seasons are far more durable/puncture resistant than the GP4000s. And better grip in the wet.
Ha ha ha! Cookies on dowels.

Mububban

Re: giant contend SL 1 or SL 2 max tyre clearance

Postby Mububban » Wed May 17, 2017 1:28 pm

newierider wrote:hi guys, i am borrowing the above bike to ride in the uk over christmas and i'm planning some big rides, some of it may hit light gravel roads. the bike currently has 25mm tyres and i'm thinking of taking some wider tyres over with me.

i believe the bike can take a continental 28, but i'm wondering if it could a wider tyre in a different brand. maybe a 32? not sure how much taller the 32 is. the bike has disc brakes. pretty sure the rear could take a 32.

im thinking of the conty all season tyre or gp4000s

cheers guys.
The rear space is enormous. Front should take a 30mm no worries, I think I saw someone on Youtube who'd fitted 30mm successfully. Not sure about 32mm.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!