Help choosing a towball bike carrier please

dan76n

Help choosing a towball bike carrier please

Postby dan76n » Wed May 17, 2017 8:32 am

Hi all,
I'm looking at getting a bike carrier for a towball and need some info and advise please.
I'm looking at a three bike carrier that attaches to a towball. Not a hitch.
I'm thinking a platform style as although a little more costly they come with the tail lights which the A- frame don't seem to so I'd need to add that if I went an A-frame.
I have a Kia Rio hatch so lights would most likely be covered.

Obviously Thule is the most expensive but are they worth it?
Also, What is the Thule warranty on these?
Chain reaction cycles sell Thule a lot cheaper than Aus but has anyone had warranty issues with on O/S purchase of Thule and if so did you need to ship parts back at your cost?

I checked out the Pushys store at Fyshwick and didn't mind the Pacific platform carrier. It seemed sturdy and light.
Has anyone any feedback on these?

The guy at Pushys said Pacific have 5 year warranty and Thule lifetime warranty but I can't find anything to validate this?

Ive sent an email to the Pacific distributor but haven't got a reply which is concerning to me.

We have a Thule bike trailer that had a faulty scewer and when we contacted Pushys who we bought it through it took quite a while to get replaced as at the time the Thule distribution rights was changing hands and the new owner wouldn't warrant it as it was not from his stock.
This makes me concerned about how well the new distributer will warrant any claims as a scewer is $20. Pushys ended up cover the cost.

Long rant but really want to get the right one.