BBB vs Lezyne frame pump

Ross

BBB vs Lezyne frame pump

Postby Ross » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:51 pm

Has anybody got/used one of these BBB pumps - frame pump ?

https://bbbcycling.com/en/accessories/pumps/BMP-47

How would it compare to Lezeyne Road Drive? I have a RD now and could do with another pump for my new bike rather than remembering to remove pump from other bike before I ride (or forgetting and then getting a puncture...).

On paper the RD is 10g lighter and about $7 cheaper and can theoretically\ pump up to 160psi vs 110psi for BBB (I challenge someone who isn't Arnold Schwarzenegger to actually get this pressure with a RD...). Can the BBB actually get to 110psi? Over the years I've had so many other pumps that fall way short of their claimed PSI ratings.

Specs for Road Drive pump - http://www.99bikes.com.au/minipump-lezy ... e-lg-black

The thing I like about the BB pump after checking it out this morning at a LBS is the flexible hose is actually part of the pump and just slides out of the handle to use and slides back in when you are finished where as the RD is a seperate hose that you have to pull out of the pump, screw it on the pump end and reverse procedure when you are finished. Minor issue I know. BBB pump with the black and red anodised fittings also matches my bike(s), so another plus! :P

Bentnose

Re: BBB vs Lezyne frame pump

Postby Bentnose » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:44 pm

Just my opinion but I wouldn't expect a 110 psi BBB pump to work or last as well as a Lezyne anything, you'd be struggling massively to get anywhere near 110 psi, I know with my Lezyne I easily hit 100 psi +. I have a Lezyne pump on each of my bikes.
No signature

}SkOrPn--7

Re: BBB vs Lezyne frame pump

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:21 pm

I agree with Bentnose I would go for the Lezyne while I do purchase BBB products a pump wouldn't be something from that brand I would consider.

Ricky