Wahoo Elemnt ...

madmacca

Re: Wahoo Elemnt ...

Postby madmacca » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:42 pm

stevecassidy wrote:
RonK wrote: I saw this complaint on one if my Facebook groups just yesterday. Wondering if it was caused by the last firmware update. Did you install it?
I did yes, so hopefully this can be fixed again in the next update.

Just checked the ride on Strava again and looking more closely, there are big chunks of the ride missing where the GPS dropped out. It appears to have filled in the elevation on the ride - presumably from the route - but speed, hr, power and cadence are missing. This is annoying since at least HR and Power were displaying ok, it would be good if it recorded those even if it can't get position from GPS.

Steve
Depending on your autopause settings, speed, hr, etc were probably missing because with the GPS dropout, the unit assumed you were stopped.

determinator

Postby determinator » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:14 am

stevecassidy wrote:
RonK wrote: I saw this complaint on one if my Facebook groups just yesterday. Wondering if it was caused by the last firmware update. Did you install it?
I did yes, so hopefully this can be fixed again in the next update.

Just checked the ride on Strava again and looking more closely, there are big chunks of the ride missing where the GPS dropped out. It appears to have filled in the elevation on the ride - presumably from the route - but speed, hr, power and cadence are missing. This is annoying since at least HR and Power were displaying ok, it would be good if it recorded those even if it can't get position from GPS.

Steve
I have exactly this issue with my Bolt. It occurred at Gears and Beers dirty 130 and Peaks Challenge Cradle mountain yesterday. You have to zoom in to see it but there are some crazy straight lines where GPS dropped and speed didn't show. At times power would also be dropped (from Garmin Vector pedals). I was in open countryside where GPS reception issues should not occur. BTW it has NEVER shown text messages from my iPhone despite "forgetting this device" reconnecting and selecting all the correct menu options. Its being exchanged - I will try one more and cross my fingers...
Colin
https://www.strava.com/activities/1261707607/overview

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:23 am

sir_camel

Postby sir_camel » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:12 pm

Recently acquired an Elemnt. Been loving it so far but I have one question that maybe users have wisdom on.

In all their promo shots they have the speed in the top box on their display with reversed colours (i.e. black background and white text). Is there somewhere you can change this in settings? I know it's purely aesthetic but hey, sometimes it's nice to have them the way you'd like them.
Bikes Bikes Bikes

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:16 pm

sir_camel wrote:Recently acquired an Elemnt. Been loving it so far but I have one question that maybe users have wisdom on.

In all their promo shots they have the speed in the top box on their display with reversed colours (i.e. black background and white text). Is there somewhere you can change this in settings? I know it's purely aesthetic but hey, sometimes it's nice to have them the way you'd like them.
If you can change this it will be in your phone app. Most likely only an IOS feature. Wahoo's Android app is seriously lacking in comparison IMO.

sir_camel

Postby sir_camel » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:18 pm

Aushiker wrote:
sir_camel wrote:Recently acquired an Elemnt. Been loving it so far but I have one question that maybe users have wisdom on.

If you can change this it will be in your phone app. Most likely only an IOS feature. Wahoo's Android app is seriously lacking in comparison IMO.
I am using the iOS app which is very nice but can't find anything as yet.
Bikes Bikes Bikes

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:27 pm

sir_camel wrote:I am using the iOS app which is very nice but can't find anything as yet.
If you don't get an answer here, I suggest trying the Google group for the Wahoo.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:46 pm

This is covered in this WW Forum post

sir_camel

Postby sir_camel » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:40 pm

Great success!

Thanks team.

Bikes Bikes Bikes

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:39 pm

There's still a bug that doesn't allow you to invert the power display (my LED's are linked to 3 sec avg power).

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:33 pm

sir_camel wrote:Great success!
Nice work.

RonK

Postby RonK » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:17 pm

There is a firmware update available if you haven't already noticed. Details here:

27 Nov 2017 ELEMNT WF42-1815
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

MichaelB

Bolt user input please ....

Postby MichaelB » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:06 pm

OK, have an issue with my Bolt and wondering how to get around it.

With my Garmin 520, when I did a 'split' ride (ride to work in the morning and ride home at end of day), I could stop the ride at work, power down the unit, restart at home time and restart the ride and at the end, it's all saved as one ride. :D

With the Bolt though, if I try the same process, it seems to 'forget' that I have either a paused ride or unsaved ride, and doesn't give me an option to continue it ?

Is this just a quirk of Wahoo and something Garmin did right or ....

Am I doing it wrong ?

PS - I tried the stop a ride, turn off the unit and then restarted it 30 sec later, and it allowed me to continue the same ride, but it doesn't seem to after a longer (6+ hr) pause ?

Thanks

Michael

Ignoto

Postby Ignoto » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:41 pm

So I was lucky enough to score a Bolt for Christmas, set it all up, upgraded to the latest firmware, however it appears to be plagued by the over reading in the TSS/IF score. This mornings ride was just under 130km and the Bolt reckons I hit 600tss at an IF of 1.23 :shock: :shock:

Once the file is imported into TrainingPeaks, an appropriate IF/TSS is shown. I have also double checked I have set up the correct FTP, updated to the latest firmware and double checked that my P1's weren't over reading.

It seems to be an issue that others have encountered, but reading through the patch notes, I can see Wahoo specifically released a version that 'fixes' this issue for the Elemnt back in March 2016, but nothing mentioned for the Bolts (I guess their firmware post-dates this fix).

Any ideas on what I could try (I have written to Wahoo Support, but given the holidays I'm not expecting a speedy reply).

jimsheedy

Postby jimsheedy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:15 pm

My ELEMNT was great for about 3 months then after a reasonably wet 200km ride where it dropped out continually in the last 50km, it's gone downhill steadily. To the point on a ride today about 150km it had no GPS reception from Hornsby to the Anzac bridge. I have numerous chat and email sessions with wahoo support logged as that issue and others have been escalating for months. Good to hear they're ok to deal with re warranty, I guess that's my next option