Lynskey frames selling cheap on eBay...

RonK

Lynskey frames selling cheap on eBay...

Postby RonK » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:20 pm

Lynskey Performance is having a frame clear out on eBay, some at very low prices.

For example, there is an Urbanskey road touring frame in medium-large selling for $USD599. There are several other sizes also available. Many other models also.

If you are interested in a ti frame it's worth a look.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

Tim

Re: Lynskey frames selling cheap on eBay...

Postby Tim » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:20 pm

I wonder if they'll ship to Aus.
I can't get the page up on Ebay Au but can on the international site which doesn't offer shipping to oz.
I might be interested if they'd ship here at a less than exorbitant price.

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Good tip!

tomee

Postby tomee » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:32 pm

no point if they don't ship to Aus. unless you want to use a forwarder but that will negate the savings

RonK

Postby RonK » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:23 pm

According to the Lynskey Performance website they will ship anywhere in the world. Regardless what it says on eBay, if you were seriously interested it would be worth your while to ask them.

BTW, I think some of these frames may be trade-ins.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:38 pm

Shipping on a frame from Lynskey is typically around $USD200, unless it’s a warranty repair, in which case they will ship it to you for free.

Just as well too, it cost me $475 to send it to them to get it fixed, but it did come back in “as new” condition.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

mr_bopperleaner

Postby mr_bopperleaner » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:14 pm

Hi,
Thought I would share a brief note on my experience in purchasing a Sportive frame from Lynskey on Ebay.

As noted, it is on the US Ebay site that you make the purchase. A quick mail to them confirms that pictures do not match the product description but assurances are made on availability of the selected frame. The frame available is a 2016 model and shipping is $150 USD to Australia.
I elected to have the etching applied which is a separate ebay item that is to be purchased separately - however, the "item" is not available for non US accounts (something about it being unable to be shipped). In the end, they sent a paypal invoice as they were unable to correct the item for sale on Ebay.

Once paid, it took about 5 days before the item was shipped and a further 7 days to arrive - all during the Christmas / New Year period. Needless to say, i'm impressed with the delivery service.
Have no reason to suspect this is a refurbished / repaired frame and condition of the sale indicates it is covered by Lynskey's lifetime warranty.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:53 am

Lynskey had a big runout on their main site before the 2018 models went up, so I think everything on the ebay store is all the stock they had left that they didn't want cluttering up their main site.

I bought a new fork for my Cooper CX from them before Christmas as they were repairing my frame under warranty, and after it came back looking like a new bike, the 60% discount on the fork was too crazy to ignore
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi