I think it is time to sell my GTO recumbent. What's it worth?

tmac100

I think it is time to sell my GTO recumbent. What's it worth?

Postby tmac100 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:56 pm

I know it is only worth what someone will pay.

It was built in 2006. Has drum SA front brakes. Rear rack. Fenders, mirrors. Computer. Not sure of the gearing but 27 gears with RD, IGH, and FD. New front chain rings, chain, etc. Brake levers lock to make mounting/dismounting easier. Burgundy with yellow mesh seat. Headrest. Good paint - ALWAYS stored indoors. Set up by Cycle Science in Mitcham last August.

Originally it was sold in the eastern USA, then it came to Canada (but not ridden), then back to Australia.

No pics atm. The trike is in Gippsland and the fellow I loaned it to (for exercise/weight loss) is not losing any weight in reality, so if he is not riding it ...

I return to Australia mid-June and will then seriously try to sell it. Any idea what it would be worth? Thanks

zebee

Re: I think it is time to sell my GTO recumbent. What's it worth?

Postby zebee » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:40 pm

Ask in the recumbent forum.

but...

I see most 2nd hand Greenspeeds going for around $900-$1500. A new bike is in the $2000-$2500 range so a 2nd handie isn't going to get more than half that unless it has lotsa special extras which yours does not.

tmac100

Re: I think it is time to sell my GTO recumbent. What's it worth?

Postby tmac100 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:19 pm

Sold the GTO just 2 weeks before I left Australia. 4 pictures helped with the sale...

It sold with the new Schwalbe Marathons and an extra set + tubes, and the rear pannier. $1500 and the fellow paid for shipping to Perth. Advertized on the ozhpv website.

Got tired of low-ball bidders offrring $700 and less. Sheesh - I was not that desperate :roll: