buy a new bike?

candyladycandy

buy a new bike?

Postby candyladycandy » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:42 pm

I have been thinking about buying a new road bike but I was just wondering is there a time of year when bike shops have big sales where big savings could be made?

I was thinking end of financial year or end of year when next seasons range comes out? Or are specials just offerered throughout the year periodically? Any thoughts / experiences would be much appreciated.

Defy The Odds

Re: buy a new bike?

Postby Defy The Odds » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:38 pm

New models tend to come out September/October for the following year (eg 2019 model bikes get released around September/October 2018) so i think the last 3rd of this year would be a chance to get deals on the outgoing models

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Wed May 02, 2018 2:24 pm

candyladycandy wrote:I have been thinking about buying a new road bike but I was just wondering is there a time of year when bike shops have big sales where big savings could be made?

I was thinking end of financial year or end of year when next seasons range comes out? Or are specials just offerered throughout the year periodically? Any thoughts / experiences would be much appreciated.
Some shops will have a Tour de France sale in July, especially on road bikes.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

10speedsemiracer

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Wed May 02, 2018 4:17 pm

Giant has a factory-backed sale on now at Giant branded stores :

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/au/news/ ... w-on/22635

Can't imagine that you wouldn't be able to find a bike within Giant's range
Campagnolo for show, SunTour for go