Great Customer Service from Knog

Newcastle Dave

Great Customer Service from Knog

Postby Newcastle Dave » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:24 pm

I bought three Knog Oi bells back in 2016 via their via kickstarter. I always thought they looked great (the black on my black bike is super stealth).

They were never a super loud bell, but when I actually measured it against a standard BBB bell that was supplied with one of my bikes, it was equally as loud, with a longer sustain time. (Actually had a slight disagreement on here with someone who "felt" his wasn't as loud and that his feelings were as valid as an actual measurement - bit of a post truth Trump thing I guess)

Anyway, the weak point always seemed to be the spring that the striker is attached too, and sure enough on the bike I use the most, the spring failed the other day. It was severely corroded and basically wouldn't "Spring" anymore. That's OK I thought, I will swap the bell with one of the others (on a bike that was hardly ridden) and see if I can find a spring and swap it out.

Unfortunately, the spring wasn't the only thing corroded, the screw holding it on was completely seized and I striped the head trying to get it out. I ended up drilling out the screw to remove it

So I contact knog via their webpage and explain what happened. A few minutes later I get an email asking what colour and size the bell was.

I replied and a few minutes after that I get an email saying that they have made a few changes since the initial release and a new one is on its way.

Just over 48 hours later the new bell is here and installed - it looks just as good and sounds even better :D

So big thumbs up to Knog !!

nezumi

Re: Great Customer Service from Knog

Postby nezumi » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:57 am

I had a similar experience with Knog, replacing without question a bell that I had bought, taken ages to mount, used for a week before the spring failed, then wasn't able to submit the warranty claim because the whole bike was at the shop waiting for Merida to assess it as a warranty claim - which the denied (and I am still sour about).

Once I made contact I had a similar experience - new bell sent out, not asked to return the old one. All good.
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:54 pm

Essentially, the first batch were problematic - this primarily impacted the kickstarter supporters but fellow riders with version 2 bells have also experienced issues - all which get quickly resolved by the bikeshop or knog direct (replacement).

The second generation can be identified as a deeper scoop is used on the hammer and I understand that the spring length and resistance was also improved.
Cycling is in my BNA

adriandooley

Re: Beyond expectation Customer Service from Knog

Postby adriandooley » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:44 pm

Here here , a 3 yrs old Knog with one of the 2 ringer springs broken , only needed 2 emails with evidence of purchase and Ben supplied a free replacement ....these are the companies we need to support ...too many stories of one time sales ..... please support those who show up for after sales support and action appropriate resolutions regardless of cost to them .... Go Ben ...GO KNOG ( Ireland Customer of KNOG for life now !!! , My plan was to move if I was neglected tho I understand warranty is rarely for life ...)

...Adrian

adriandooley

Postby adriandooley » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:49 pm

Agree re KNOG ...Ben there offered a delivered FOC replacement to a 2019 failed OI.... shocked but delighted ...KNOG and Ben (AT) their customer service deserve appreciation ... we need to buy only from companies who take care of any issues...