Best training spots around sydney

Kangzosa

Best training spots around sydney

Postby Kangzosa » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:39 am

What are good places?

I live out liverpool way. I know there are some bike paths running along Georges river and a somewhat connected circuit through canley vale - fairfield - paramatta. But when I checked out these routes they seemed okay for commuting and recreation, many going through parks and nature areas, but not really suitable for training.

I know Olympic park there is a decent circuit but it is a shared path with pedestrians (like most of Sydney bike tracks) I've heard of another good one out botany bay area. What's the go?

QuangVuong

Re: Best training spots around sydney

Postby QuangVuong » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:58 am

Hop onto Hoxton Park Rd bike path and it leads to the M7, where you've got about 40km of continuous path.

Nothing wrong with the paths around the Fairfield/Holroyd council areas. You can hold a decent speed on the Prospect canal path with only the occasional pedestrian. Or jump onto the Parra - Livo Tway.

The circuit around SOP is meant to be ridden on the road. Otherwise you'd be waiting to cross the road a million times.
VillaVelo, by the Vuong brothers

Blog: https://villaveloframes.wordpress.com/
FB & IG: @villaveloframes

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:22 am

M7 - but you are only allowed to do 30km/h... The highway shoulder might be better if you need to go very fast.

Otherwise, if you are LACC, go down to Homebush on Tuesday/Thursday mornings at 6am and do the road-training there.

I do know of a ride out Botany way, but it's a full on road-ride at race speed. They go through the airport tunnel at 65km/h+.

skydance

Postby skydance » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:57 am

Liverpool?
M5 to Campbelltown, then The Northern Road to M4, M4 to M7, M7 - back home.