Knee shin pads

peedeeD

Knee shin pads

Postby peedeeD » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:28 pm

Hi all
Looking for a search function but cant see one in this forum.
Any way looking at purchasing a set of knee pads. Tried on a set of Fox Launch but they crunch up around the rear of the knee. I prefer a knee shin pad even though I ride clipless. Tried TLD5450 they feel really good and also tried 6061. They are also good however with all the side protection may get too hot. Mostly I XC and all mountain. I hear the flow knee pads are comfortable. Currently leaning towards the TLD5450's. What are you guys using, how hot do they get in the summer and do they stay up.

Stredda

Re: Knee shin pads

Postby Stredda » Fri May 18, 2018 9:53 am

I have the Fox Launch pads and find them quite good. They aren't going to help much for a big impact with something hard but they have certainly saved a lot of skin for me. I almost always ride with knee pads but if I have a hot extended climb I'll push them down to my ankles.
I haven't had any experience with any other pads unfortunately.

caneye

Re: Knee shin pads

Postby caneye » Fri May 18, 2018 1:52 pm

i'm urrently using the below fox launch pads. looks like a prop from Robocop and does feel a bit clunky but very tough and beefy. note - if the velcro straps are not tight, then it will still move upon impact. it was ok in the summer. i didn't ride during the hottest summer days.
https://www.foxracing.com/store/product ... 674?cc=001

i also have the RaceFace Charge Subzero Knee Guard .. i like this. feels snug. not clunky and cumbersome. perfect for winter racing. but it tore too easily when i scrape some rocks. too warm for summer.