Repco Appreciation Society

Bunged Knee

Re: Repco Appreciation Society

Postby Bunged Knee » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:19 pm

Hi Treadly Tim, link is not good.
Fixed it for you.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

2wheels_mond

Postby 2wheels_mond » Sat May 12, 2018 4:10 pm

After a brief foray with a Superlite back on page 99, I've rejoined the Repco club. This time I've gone a bit further up in the world, with a Vertex Vicenza!

This one's had a respray at some point, which seems quite nicely done. Frame/fork/headset came in at 2.7kg - a fairly respectable weight for the time. Hell of a lot lighter than the Superlite - not that it was every going to be competitive there.

Build plans are with Campag - maybe Record 10 speed, maybe Potenza/Centaur 11. Have some black Cinelli bars laying around which would pair nicely with a black 1A or 1R stem, if I can find some. Selle Italia Flite 1990 would match nicely for the saddle.

10speedsemiracer

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Sat May 12, 2018 10:05 pm

I like that.
Campagnolo for show, SunTour for go

bg100

Postby bg100 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:08 pm

Hi all. New here to this forum and hoping you can help out. I have a Repco Olympic 14 bought in early 1998. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of the specs for this bike? TIA.

Lots of steel bikes

Postby Lots of steel bikes » Fri May 25, 2018 8:12 pm

bg100 wrote:Hi all. New here to this forum and hoping you can help out. I have a Repco Olympic 14 bought in early 1998. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of the specs for this bike? TIA.

bg100

Postby bg100 » Sun May 27, 2018 9:06 am

Lots of steel bikes wrote:
bg100 wrote:Hi all. New here to this forum and hoping you can help out. I have a Repco Olympic 14 bought in early 1998. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of the specs for this bike? TIA.
Legend! Thanks so much for the quick reply.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun May 27, 2018 9:40 am

I picked up a Repco Superlight Road Frame yesterday, that I will build up over time. :D I'd post a pic of it but this place does my head in for doing it. :(

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

spannermonkey

Postby spannermonkey » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:41 am

I picked up a Vertex Vicenza on the weekend
All original only missing the pedals & saddle
Rides great has become my favourite (for this week)
HAd to add the Campy quick release seat post clamp

2wheels_mond

Postby 2wheels_mond » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:16 am

And on that note, here's my newly built Vertex Vicenza, now with Chorus 10 speed.

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:03 am

spannermonkey wrote:I picked up a Vertex Vicenza on the weekend
Was that the one on Gumtree? Nice pick up.

spannermonkey

Postby spannermonkey » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:56 am

P!N20 wrote:
spannermonkey wrote:I picked up a Vertex Vicenza on the weekend
Was that the one on Gumtree? Nice pick up.
Yes was on dumbtree ,I hardly ever look there
This time paid off :lol:

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:45 am

Very nice pickup

drex

Postby drex » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:09 am

Picked this up for a twenty last weekend. No frame markings that I can see, but seller reckons he purchased new here in Adelaide in 1975. Anyone got insights into what model this might be? Been searching for some list of models for this era but without any luck.

uart

Postby uart » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:08 pm

drex wrote:Picked this up for a twenty last weekend. No frame markings that I can see, but seller reckons he purchased new here in Adelaide in 1975. Anyone got insights into what model this might be? Been searching for some list of models for this era but without any luck.

Hi Drex. Interesting looking old bike. I'm more familiar with their (Repco's) 80s range than their 70s, but it looks like a good solid mid-range kind of bike. Appears to be alloy rims, guards, brakes/levers and cranks.

BTW. It's kind of hard to see too much detail from your 400x300 pixel image (seriously that's almost a thumbnail). I see a lot of posters doing that these days. I suspect that the images are being re-sampled by the image hosting site, because 0.12 megapixel cameras aren't really much of a thing any more.

Tip. If you can find an image hosting site that doesn't down sample (or at least doesn't do it too aggressively) then we can see your photo in full detail. :)

mjleach7

Postby mjleach7 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:43 pm

Repco Sierra, blue, early 80s. I've been riding this as hybrid forever but just bought a carbon frame road bike so despite my love of the retro I'm letting this go to someone who appreciates the old school quality build. Any interest?

10speedsemiracer

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:33 pm

mjleach7 wrote:Repco Sierra, blue, early 80s. I've been riding this as hybrid forever but just bought a carbon frame road bike so despite my love of the retro I'm letting this go to someone who appreciates the old school quality build. Any interest?
Like a High Sierra? Might be interested...any chance of some pics? Also, where located?

Releng

Postby Releng » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:36 pm

Hi, I have just obtained another Repco, this time an 1986/7 Olympic 12 in the rose and black.

It is in pretty good what looks to be original condition. The seat has been replaced and the wheels do not look right. They are Mavic 27" MA2s. Can the brains trust confirm that the Olympic 12 came with 700 wheels?

It is in nice condition for its age.

Thanks for looking?
Cheers,
Mick

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:20 pm

Repco/Nishiki overlap time: I'm after Nishiki catalogs from the late 70's and early 80's. There's piecemeal stuff online, anyone know of any Nishiki resources? Trying to track down a (possible) Nishiki Superbe from that time period. Didn't seem to have any overlap with the Repco stuff that I've found so far, but the retro-heads might prove way smarter than me...

Jim

A.Barka

Postby A.Barka » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:48 am

Hi, I picked up a Repco Olympic 14 a while ago and from what i have found it is a 1991 model, Its white with a blue head tube, fluro pink around the top of the seat tube and fluro yellow around the bottom bracket. Am more than happy to send pics if anyone would like them. correct me if im wrong on the year. I grabbed it because of the paint scheme and it looks to be spec'd pretty well, it has a biopace crankset on it (look like Q rings), exage brakes and id have to double check but i think theyre shimano 600 derailers, cant remember what the wheels are but they look in ok cond too except for the spokes being rusty. Its a bit big for me and i havent really got the time to restore it so am unsure of what to do with it now and after some advice on how sort after these are? Its 57cm from centre of the crank to the top of the seat tube and 57cm from centre of the seatpost to centre of the head tube. Im not trying to start an unofficial auction or anything but just trying to get an idea on value and if its worth selling for someone to enjoy it or whether i should just get it repainted and hang it on the wall. Im based in Newcastle NSW if anyone nearby could help too.
Thanks Adam

10speedsemiracer

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:50 pm

A.Barka wrote:Hi, I picked up a Repco Olympic 14 a while ago and from what i have found it is a 1991 model, Its white with a blue head tube, fluro pink around the top of the seat tube and fluro yellow around the bottom bracket. Am more than happy to send pics if anyone would like them. correct me if im wrong on the year. I grabbed it because of the paint scheme and it looks to be spec'd pretty well, it has a biopace crankset on it (look like Q rings), exage brakes and id have to double check but i think theyre shimano 600 derailers, cant remember what the wheels are but they look in ok cond too except for the spokes being rusty. Its a bit big for me and i havent really got the time to restore it so am unsure of what to do with it now and after some advice on how sort after these are? Its 57cm from centre of the crank to the top of the seat tube and 57cm from centre of the seatpost to centre of the head tube. Im not trying to start an unofficial auction or anything but just trying to get an idea on value and if its worth selling for someone to enjoy it or whether i should just get it repainted and hang it on the wall. Im based in Newcastle NSW if anyone nearby could help too.
Thanks Adam
Probably best if we could see some pics to gauge it's current condition. This thread http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... =6&t=23303 details how to upload pics. (I find Imgur the easiest).

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:09 pm

So T-Mar at bikeforums has pinned this model as a 1981 model Nishiki Superbe. A lot of the specs fit, so should be Tange 1. Cleaning it up shows that the red seat tube bands have been painted over with black paint. If I can get it off without pulling what's under it, I'll try the HT as well, as it should be red with, Cranks have been swapped out from catalogue spec Sugino Super Mighty Custom drillium for Superbe Pro, not a bad swap, and probably paid for the purchase a few times over...
familyguy wrote:Repco/Nishiki overlap time: I'm after Nishiki catalogs from the late 70's and early 80's. There's piecemeal stuff online, anyone know of any Nishiki resources? Trying to track down a (possible) Nishiki Superbe from that time period. Didn't seem to have any overlap with the Repco stuff that I've found so far, but the retro-heads might prove way smarter than me...

Jim

Mr Thylacine

Postby Mr Thylacine » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:45 pm

Hi, first post of the year, lucky me!
I picked up a Vantage last week, it has perfect paint one of the decals is scuffed and there is some minor rust spotting on some of the chrome bits. The saddle Is original, dated 3>90 and it's been fitted with a set of aero bars, I’m not sure if it still has its original tyres (this bike hasn’t been ridden much) but they are perished with the sidewalls bubbling as very old rubber does, one tube still holds pressure! The first thing I'll do is replace the tyres and tubes and give the wheels a polish and oil, degrease and oil the chain.
The big question is, do up or leave mostly standard?
Also, any idea who made the frame?
# I1COD349
Last edited by Mr Thylacine on Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spacemonkey

Postby Spacemonkey » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:14 am

Have just bought and cleaned up a superlite to get into road cycling for fitness. Would like to post pics here but can't believe I need to use a hosting site to do so. Is there an easier way?

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:44 pm

Spacemonkey wrote:Is there an easier way?
Nope.

Spacemonkey

Postby Spacemonkey » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:45 pm

Well, since I have no intention of reviving my Photobucket account from 1998, thanks for all the info in this thread and might see you on the road on my blue and white superlite in Melbourne.