Moron Motorists #3

duncanm

Re: From the "you'd be safe if only you'd stay off our roads" file

Postby duncanm » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:47 am

human909 wrote:
bychosis wrote:But how many more cyclists would die if we didn’t have MHLs, the numbers would be much closer. /naysayer
There is no evidence that MHLs have reduced the likelihood of cyclist dying on our roads. In fact there is a good chance it has made things worse. But of course you know this already.
maybe you missed the <sarc>

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby mikesbytes » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:56 am

P!N20 wrote:Dear god, what chance do we have? https://www.news.com.au/technology/inno ... 45881fa79d
According to Insp Brooks around 42,000 fines were given out last year to people using their phones while driving, with 400 of those people being caught watching videos behind the wheel.
400 caught watching videos :shock:
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:12 pm

Hayabusa did a dangerously close pass on my group at probably 100km/h yesterday. Entirely deliberate - crept up quietly as he could and then gunned it, passing as close as he could. There was an entire lane left, and the one in the opposite direction with no traffic around. :evil:

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:59 am

Another day another moron tradie too lazy to park clear of the shared path - rear of van blocks view of people at bus stop & then the tailgate blocks the rest

Have reported it once again to Inner West Clowncil who will send someone out in 3 or 4 days :roll:

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:22 pm

My first road ride back since getting hit by a car, and I get this right at the end of our ride:

When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:30 pm

^ Left turn from the right lane, nasty. Hard to anticipate, too.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:38 pm

Distracted tradie today stopped in front of me at a green light. Took a horn to get him moving. Traffic had slowed ahead of him prior to the intersection, but then cleared.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:29 pm

Mububban wrote:My first road ride back since getting hit by a car, and I get this right at the end of our ride:

Report it, this person will probably do it again and again, corrective action needs to be done

NASHIE

Postby NASHIE » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:34 pm

mikesbytes wrote:
Mububban wrote:My first road ride back since getting hit by a car, and I get this right at the end of our ride:
Report it, this person will probably do it again and again, corrective action needs to be done
Don't really like labelling divers.........but another commodore driver :roll:

Son just got back from training ride with news of agro driver. He was approaching t juction and signaled to move into right lane to head straight ahead onto PSP and driver starts agro beeping him about 50m back. Older lady pulls up along side him to turn left, winds her window down and as he looks across, she says sorry i didnt realize you are so young.......Say What. I rekon she was ready to give a spray for not using the PSP adjacent (Guildford road, he was on Railway heading east at Collier Rd t juction for Perth riders).

human909

Postby human909 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:49 pm

NASHIE wrote:Don't really like labelling divers.........but another commodore driver :roll:
Pretty much. Commdores and Falcons were a staple of Australian drivers for so long. And right to the end they were practical cars though on the thirsty side of things.

But they spent decades marketing to D$%kh@#d drivers, sold well for that 5%. But drove the rest of the community away. I struggle not to stereotype drivers who have XR6 or whatever on the back of their cars...

NASHIE

Postby NASHIE » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:11 pm

human909 wrote:[ I struggle not to stereotype drivers who have XR6 or whatever on the back of their cars...
Yep and every time i drive my 1972 mazda RX2 to and from race/rally events i get the XR6, V8, Jap turbo mob wanting to race and the looks of disgust from the prius drivers, so hence my dislike of stereotyping .......and i drive a 4WD :wink: .

I think my strike rate of picking the car wrapped around the power pole on the nightly news as a commodore is about 99%.

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:57 am

mikesbytes wrote:

Report to whom? Cops don't give a stuff if nobody's hurt, and they didn't want to know when I did get hurt. And it's a self owned company so not even like I can ring their employer.

The overtake didn't come across as aggressive, just impatient. And stupid. And dangerous. I'm not defending it, but who would do anything about it?
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

pj

Postby pj » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:51 pm

Garbo truck overtakes into oncoming traffic then pulls left a bit early.

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:40 pm

Yikes

duncanm

Postby duncanm » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:17 pm

I got startled a little this morning.

Turning right in rightmost lane (of two going to three) next to a bus. I'm going into the rightmost lane, bus to the leftmost. Idiot in a white SUV from behind the bus decides to cut the corner to turn into the middle lane. The bus, of course, needs lots of inside clearance in the turn - the middle lane is blocked while turning, so Mr 'but I'm in a hurry' SUV decides to cut the corner by using the inner lane; I unexpectedly had a car passing me on my left, in my lane, some 20m from the intersection.

pj

Postby pj » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:25 am

Collection of bike lane blocking morons :D

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:06 pm

Sometimes the planets align. This is the Old Pacific Highway near where Steve Jarvie was killed by motorcyclist (and cyclist hater) Ben Smith.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:15 pm

trailgumby wrote:Sometimes the planets align. This is the Old Pacific Highway near where Steve Jarvie was killed by motorcyclist (and cyclist hater) Ben Smith.

The Cops do a lot of patrolling on the Old Pacific, specifically for speeding motorbike riders.

I'm suffering brain fade, exactly where are you?

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:20 pm

g-boaf wrote:Hayabusa did a dangerously close pass on my group at probably 100km/h yesterday. Entirely deliberate - crept up quietly as he could and then gunned it, passing as close as he could. There was an entire lane left, and the one in the opposite direction with no traffic around. :evil:
Unfortunately people of that ilk need to have the appropriate information punched in manually.
Sad but true imo.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:28 pm

mikesbytes wrote:
trailgumby wrote:Sometimes the planets align. This is the Old Pacific Highway near where Steve Jarvie was killed by motorcyclist (and cyclist hater) Ben Smith.

The Cops do a lot of patrolling on the Old Pacific, specifically for speeding motorbike riders.

I'm suffering brain fade, exactly where are you?
Looks to be heading south from Road Warriors at Mt White.

duncanm

Postby duncanm » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:01 pm

I'm struggling - is it a really low speed limit there or something?

Can't see what the motorcyclist did wrong otherwise.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:50 am

biker jk wrote:Looks to be heading south from Road Warriors at Mt White.
Yep.
duncanm wrote:I'm struggling - is it a really low speed limit there or something?

We were scratching our heads a bit at first too.

Speed limit is 60 clicks. Going back on the GPS data on Garmin Training Centre we were doing 50-55, although it doesn't look that quick. I'm guessing MC was doing 75+. The riders that passed us 20-30 seconds later went past *much* more slowly. :lol:

RAYZOR

Postby RAYZOR » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:13 am

duncanm wrote:

Maybe Plod was giving him a fine for close passing infringement? :lol: ha ha ha ha, and monkeys might fly out of butt!

pj

Postby pj » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:27 am

duncanm wrote:

Maybe rego is out of date? Forgot to pay my wife's rego the other day and a cop car passing picked it up automatically and pulled her over :oops: Not sure if they have this system on their bikes.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:31 am

RAYZOR wrote:Maybe Plod was giving him a fine for close passing infringement? :lol: ha ha ha ha, and monkeys might fly out of butt!
I wondered about that but don't think he was close enough. The L-plater and the tradie at the roundabout later on at Dural though :roll: