2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

jasonc

Re: 2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby jasonc » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:19 pm

find_bruce wrote:
find_bruce wrote:I am slack at updating - life gets in the way sometimes.
Sorry Grgic, finished updating my rides & snuck past you. Done with work for the year so any commute will be trips to the shops avoiding post xmas car parks
Are you ok with monthly as a minimum?

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:31 pm

jasonc wrote:Are you ok with monthly as a minimum?
I'll cope - good encouragement not to be so slack. Need to do something about my appalling lack of distance this year - commuting well down & barely half the total distance from last year.
Anything you can do, I can do slower

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:16 pm

I'm home in a few days ( currently in your state). I'll create a new thread for 2019 then, with the rules etc

Strydz

Postby Strydz » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:13 pm

jasonc wrote:
Cyclophiliac wrote:I've left the challenge. I noticed that one of the other members of the challenge was doing rides of up to 140+ km on weekends, and claiming them as commutes. When others make a mockery of the challenge in that manner, I just can't be bothered participating any more.
Please pm me who that is. I'll ask them some questions.
I know some people only update once a week
Hey sorry I haven't been checking the boards regularly, I won't get into the nitty gritty of it but I have had some mental health issues this year which has kept me a bit down and haven't spent that much time checking the internet. I can assure you that the 144 k ride down to Phillip Island was a commute, I don't own a car and my girlfriend was staying down at her folks place and I went down after work very late on a Sunday night. According to the rules that is a commute but I am happy to change it if you guys don't agree, I don't cheat and especially wouldn't do it with something that is a friendly competition like this commuting challenge. I must say thank you to Jason for setting this challenge up every year, the vast majority of my riding this year has been commutes and it has helped keep me rolling along taking the longer way home through what personally hasn't been the greatest year so again thanks mate :)
Last edited by Strydz on Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1983-Batavus Professional-Reynolds 531c
1990-Flanders-Columbus SLX
2014-Giant TCR SL

Strydz

Postby Strydz » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:15 pm

jasonc wrote:
DavidS wrote:Whoa, Stryder has just appeared with 800KMs.

Steady on, you trying to lull us all into ignoring your position on the list?

DS
I might add a new rule next year. You need to update at least once a fortnight, unless you aren't riding, of course
Sorry Jason I haven't been changing my rides regularly enough from sport to transport, they have been auto uploading from GarminConnect but I have been slack and not logging on to fix them up. I will be more diligent next year :)
1983-Batavus Professional-Reynolds 531c
1990-Flanders-Columbus SLX
2014-Giant TCR SL

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:12 pm

DavidS

Postby DavidS » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:01 pm

Strydz wrote:
jasonc wrote:
DavidS wrote:Whoa, Stryder has just appeared with 800KMs.

Steady on, you trying to lull us all into ignoring your position on the list?

DS
I might add a new rule next year. You need to update at least once a fortnight, unless you aren't riding, of course
Sorry Jason I haven't been changing my rides regularly enough from sport to transport, they have been auto uploading from GarminConnect but I have been slack and not logging on to fix them up. I will be more diligent next year :)
You gave me such hope for so long :o , still, 3rd is fine with me, a good year in terms of KMs and I'm not going to get many more than I did this year.

DS
Allegro T1, Auren Swift :)