Zeppelin, side tandem Cargo Recumbent, electric velomobile

opik_bidin

Zeppelin, side tandem Cargo Recumbent, electric velomobile

Postby opik_bidin » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:58 am

This one looks cool, A velomobile, electric assist, a cargo bike, side tandem. I think it can also be a camper

we should have more cylcles like this

more serious research should be on ebikes like this rather than electric cars

http://www.thefuturepeople.us/zeppelin.html

Picture
The ZEPPELIN by The Future People is a human electric hybrid vehicle. It is powered by two riders in combination with a 750w electric rear motor and achieves a cruising speed of 25 mph on flat ground. Using bicycle technology and constructed of aluminum and polycarbonate it weighs just 270 lbs., has a 20 mile electric range, and achieves 700 MPG equivalent. The ZEPPELIN meets the legal definition of a bicycle at the federal level and in many states, making it street legal with no additional license, registration, or insurance required.

John Lewis

Re: Zeppelin, side tandem Cargo Recumbent, electric velomobile

Postby John Lewis » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:11 am

You would cook in that thing here in the summer.
I recall a seeing tandem Alleweder velo in Tas some years back. First velo I had ever seen. German couple as I recall.
There is a side by side Quest velo that is quite neat.
I think the Wind Explorer that ran from Albany to Sydney was a repurposed Quest with electric motor. They did part of the Nullabor using a kite to tow them.
Article. Can't seem to find their web page anymore.

https://newatlas.com/wind-powered-car-c ... ney/17892/

Video.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:05 am

Interesting. I can’t see the motoring public considering it a bicycle though and would probably need lights, indicators and .... rego.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

Thoglette

Postby Thoglette » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:03 pm

bychosis wrote:Interesting. I can’t see the motoring public considering it a bicycle though and would probably need lights, indicators and .... rego.
That's because, at 750W, it doesn't meet the definition of a power assisted bicycle in this country.

I don't recall all the ADRs for a scooter (beyond a 50kph max speed) but they weren't that onerous. Just don't add a fourth wheel!
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ