Rockhampton 2019

foo on patrol

Rockhampton 2019

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:30 pm

Well the weekend was always going to be a gamble with the weather. We got Friday nights racing in, with all the rain going around us but Saturday was a different story. Everytime the Track was just about dry enough to race on, another lot of rain would come through and sadly, not a crank was turned in anger. :(

My little effort was pretty sad. The B-grade combined 10 lap Scratch I was under geared on 96 so out the back door I went. Then I didn't have enough time to change chain rings so I just turned the wheel around for the 13t and that gave me 103 but that was to big for the 5 lap Handicap for me to catch the rider in front of me and the back markers caught me at the 200mtr mark on the last lap. Next was the Derby and the gearing was good but I only managed 5th in that but was finishing well for my amount of fitness. Then the 20 lap Points Score was the last but two blokes took off after 60mts and that made my life hard and I only held onto them till 3 laps to go. :(

This is a good Carnival to go to and prize money is good for all grades. Some of the under 11s went away with over $100 for Friday's racing, how good is that! :mrgreen:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km