Gravel riding

firemac71

Gravel riding

Postby firemac71 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:53 pm

Hi I have just moved into the Helensvale area with my Specialized Diverge from Victoria and looking for some good rides suitable for the Diverge. Any help would be awesome. I have also seen the V1? Signs what’s that ride like?

foo on patrol

Re: Gravel riding

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:57 am

Can't help you much but I think there is a course around the Nerang Velodrome complex that was/is used for racing? :idea:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

elantra

Re: Gravel riding

Postby elantra » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:38 am

firemac71 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:53 pm
Hi I have just moved into the Helensvale area with my Specialized Diverge from Victoria and looking for some good rides suitable for the Diverge. Any help would be awesome. I have also seen the V1? Signs what’s that ride like?
Not sure what is around Helensvale exactly.
If you can venture further afield there are some good gravel roads in the Tweed valley. Just don’t mention the border. Or make sure that you have a Maroon State of Origin jersey with you and they will let you back into Qld.
A bit further away look at some roads west of Canungra that are gravel.
Perhaps the best is only a tolerable train journey away in Brisbane. Check out the Goat track from Samford up to Mt Nebo. Best done in the cool of winter. And the descent from Mt Nebo back towards suburbia (The Gap) is truly epic. (But TAKE CARE)