2020 FITZ'S CHALLENGE ANOTHER CASUALTY OF COVID

Ross

2020 FITZ'S CHALLENGE ANOTHER CASUALTY OF COVID

Postby Ross » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:38 pm

Last week Pedal Power announced that the legendary Fitz’s Challenge will not go ahead in 2020.

With growing uncertainly around new COVID-19 outbreaks, the potential for increased restrictions, and overall concerns for the safety of our riders and volunteers; the Pedal Power Board have regretfully concluded that the event is untenable this year.

The Fitz’s Challenge is Australia’s toughest hill climbing event. Over the last 31 years, tens of thousands of riders have come to test themselves in Canberra’s beautiful Brindabellas. For many, Fitz’s Challenge has become the essential motivation to kick off our post-winter training. Panting across Fitz’s finish line is a highpoint of every cycling year.

For Pedal Power’s organisers and many volunteers, Fitz’s is an opportunity to connect and support Canberra’s cycling community, and to give back to the sport we love. We are also gutted.

Please be assured that Fitz’s Challenge will be back bigger and better next year.

queequeg

Re: 2020 FITZ'S CHALLENGE ANOTHER CASUALTY OF COVID

Postby queequeg » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:26 pm

Yep, I saw that last week. Not that I was planning on doing it this year because of other commitements with my Audax riding, but I do want to come back and have another crack at the 210km and see if I can improve on my 2016 time (I was first rider home in something like 7:43 elapsed). I'd be stoked with a sub-7:30 time given all the crap I have been through in the last few years.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi