D FUSE VS REGULAR SEAT POST

Gravelspin

D FUSE VS REGULAR SEAT POST

Postby Gravelspin » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:04 pm

Hi guys

Just a quick one to see if anyone's tried this imor has the ability to give this a go...

D fuse seatpost... 30.9mm
Regular seat post 30.9mm

Yes I know d fuse is a "d" shape but has anyone tried to fit a regular round 30. 9mm seatpost if these frames?

If they actually physically fit I have the ability to possibly design an adapter clamp to hold the sucker in

I appreciate anyone replying and would just ask that you refrain from commenting if you Re basically going to try to tell me "why not buy a frame that suits in the first place" or anything along those lines

Prefer the path less pedalled approach. Let's get creative!

Cheers

ironhanglider

Re: D FUSE VS REGULAR SEAT POST

Postby ironhanglider » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:44 am

It seems that you are at risk of trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

Fitting a round post in a D frame seems unlikely without modifying the post first. Any such modified post would significantly scare me.
Fitting a D post in a round frame may be possible with an appropriately shaped adapter. Of course the tolerances would need to be tightly controlled for it not to introduce another source of creaking into the bike. However just because it is possible doesn't mean that it makes sense.

Cheers,

Cameron

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:29 am

I don't doubt it could be done, but may I ask - why? D-Fuse is supposedly more flexible and thus comfier for rough terrain. Do you find it too flexible and distracting?
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:37 pm

I reckon you'll find that the D part isn't 30.9 (hence the D).

So side to side,= 30.9, fore-aft = less

Mind you, depends how big a hammer you have ....

Gravelspin

Postby Gravelspin » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:37 am

Mububban wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:29 am
I don't doubt it could be done, but may I ask - why? D-Fuse is supposedly more flexible and thus comfier for rough terrain. Do you find it too flexible and distracting?
The whole idea was to try outfitting a dropper post to the bike. D fuse is great but choppy downhill single tracks demand a dropper post....