Bike Bug Nth Sydney closing, merging with Tempe (will be a superstore)

g-boaf

Bike Bug Nth Sydney closing, merging with Tempe (will be a superstore)

Postby g-boaf » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:30 pm

Just got the email that Bikebug North Sydney will be closing up and its operations will be merged with Tempe which will become a superstore (of a much bigger size) along with being the warehouse.

https://www.bikebug.com/blog/watch-this ... -megastore

North Sydney was always a good store and I always found Rocky very helpful. I bought a lot of stuff from that store.

Zippy7

Re: Bike Bug Nth Sydney closing, merging with Tempe (will be a superstore)

Postby Zippy7 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:48 pm

This is disappointing for a north shore local as it was on the way home/to work.
I would much rather spend my hard earned at Bikebug than at (say) 99 bikes.
Successful trades : Rheicel, Je, wgc138, 2ndeffort, celeste boy, rodneycc

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:18 am

High rent costs? Wouldn't be cheap... though local buyers, the workers or residents wouldn't really go over to Tempe. Perhaps the cIty or Chatswood or Lane Cove.
Cycling is in my BNA

ace70

Postby ace70 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:49 am

Supposedly the shops lease was up, the shops profits were dwindling from less people working in Nth Sydney from COVID, made more economic sense to bring it together in upgraded premises in Tempe.
Hey, remember Ikea is across the road, two birds with one stone, the missus at IKEA, you at Bikebug

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:21 am

ace70 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:49 am
Supposedly the shops lease was up, the shops profits were dwindling from less people working in Nth Sydney from COVID, made more economic sense to bring it together in upgraded premises in Tempe.
Hey, remember Ikea is across the road, two birds with one stone, the missus at IKEA, you at Bikebug
My office is around the corner from the Nth sydney store. I have not been into the actual office since March, and Nth sydney itself is a ghost town. We had our St Leonard’s office come up for lease renewal in January 21, and like many companies we have consolidated the office space now that everyone has moved to WFH a few days a week (or more). We vacated the St Leonard’s office and moved everyone to Nth Sydney. I would not want to be in the office leasing business at the moment.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi