Downhill mullet bike with single crown fork and wide cassette...

Gravelspin

Downhill mullet bike with single crown fork and wide cassette...

Postby Gravelspin » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:12 am

Yes.
I know.
But hey i like to tinker and try different things..

You could go out and buy a AM/Freeride bike or even a good modern enduro bike built for the purposes that the title is suggesting. A do it all machine that climbs and bombs down. But in this modern age of parts supply shortages affecting the entire industry i am looking for alternatives to waiting a year or more to be able to build up my next bike.
I must say i am a big fan of GT and have been following their evolution over the year of their mtb platforms. In particular their fury and sanction models have captured my interest as they are seemingly abundant and surprisingly cheap 2nd hand considering some of the spec and geo that these models came with.
Alas i cannot find a sanction currently i nearly scored a 2017 frame with rear shock for $500 but that was snatched up.
So now looking at a similar year fury coz i like the 27.5 wheel size and the suspension platform between the sanction and the fury are quite similar.
I am wondering if anyone might be able to assist me with any sites or info to work out angles and stack etc assuming a 29er front wheel and single crown fork 170-180 perhaps to keep the stack height and Bb height close to stock. I dont beleive that this age of bike came with flip chips/offset bushings but that is also something im interested in exploring if anyone has more information.
I plan on pairing the bike with a BoxTwo prime 9 speed groupset for a bigger range only because i dont use uplifts in the local reserves/parks around where i live and the climbs are relatively tame for the most part.
I may even experiment with a dropper on the frame to make it more pedal friendly.
Any information on geometry changes etc would be awesome.