cycling post prostatectomy

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
warthog1

Re: cycling post prostatectomy

Postby warthog1 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:49 pm

Hope it all goes well Wongaga.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

wongaga

Postby wongaga » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:32 pm

6 weeks post-op today and first ride :D of about 12 km. I had a bit of leakage, and slight pain if I sat on the wrong bit but pretty comfortable in normal position. Of course that might not be the case after an hour, but as they say, baby steps. Once things have settled a bit, I'm off to the bike shop to trial a new saddle with perineal cutout.

I think my surgery has gone pretty well as everything has turned out pretty much as it said on the box, and I feel generally very well. Next goal is dryness. After that, resumption of you-know-what, but that could be a few months, a year, two years...........

Cheers, Graeme

wongaga

Postby wongaga » Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:02 pm

ps......

The path slides showed the big C bubbling right up against the margins and ready to spread :o , but none thus far.
I am one lucky fella, and got there with maybe just a few weeks to spare before it spread....................

Retrobyte

Postby Retrobyte » Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:12 pm

Good to hear all is relatively well and going to plan wongaga!

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:38 pm

wongaga wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:02 pm
ps......

The path slides showed the big C bubbling right up against the margins and ready to spread :o , but none thus far.
I am one lucky fella, and got there with maybe just a few weeks to spare before it spread....................

Very lucky and lets hope there's no reoccurrence. :)

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

wongaga

Postby wongaga » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:11 am

9 weeks post RP and counting, doing pretty well overall, 40km at average 23 on Friday :D

I'm trialling a Specialized Power Comp saddle to accommodate the revised topography down there, and that was the first ride of over an hour for a very long time with no perineal numbness. That was very pleasing, although the saddle's flatness and thin-ish padding made it feel like sitting on a rock at first but by about 10km I'd forgotten about it.

PSA check and Uro consult in a couple of weeks with high hopes for the all clear, but so far I'm pretty happy with the outcome and the big C bullet I dodged.

Cheers all, Graeme

wongaga

Postby wongaga » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:12 am

wongaga wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:11 am
9 weeks post RP and counting, doing pretty well overall, 40km at average 23 on Friday :D

I'm trialling a Specialized Power Comp saddle to accommodate the revised topography down there, and that was the first ride of over an hour for a very long time with no perineal numbness. That was very pleasing, although the saddle's flatness and thin-ish padding made it feel like sitting on a rock at first but by about 10km I'd forgotten about it. This was on my hybrid, so perhaps not the perfect choice for the upright position.

PSA check and Uro consult in a couple of weeks with high hopes for the all clear, but so far I'm pretty happy with the outcome and the big C bullet I dodged.

Cheers all, Graeme