Centennial park latest dispute

g-boaf

Centennial park latest dispute

Postby g-boaf » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:02 am

https://www.news.com.au/technology/scie ... 9fbb9d07a3

New dispute, now between horse riders, dog walkers and park officials.

Although I never ride there, if I ever had to go near horses or pass them I was extremely mindful to avoid scaring them if at all possible.

AndrewCowley

Re: Centennial park latest dispute

Postby AndrewCowley » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:11 am

Yeah I encounter people on horses at Terrey Hills and always give them a wide berth. The riders are friendly. Always say good morning to them.

Retrobyte

Postby Retrobyte » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:43 am

Having owned horses in a previous life, I know that a lot of them don't like silently moving creatures coming up behind them - they can spook easily or kick out in that situation. So a solo rider passing them could be quite nasty - always good to let them know you are behind them and avoid sudden movements.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:32 pm

AndrewCowley wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:11 am
Yeah I encounter people on horses at Terrey Hills and always give them a wide berth. The riders are friendly. Always say good morning to them.

Same here. On the management trails around there, I always talk to the rider and ask if they need me to dismount to safely pass. On the road, I pass on the opposite side. I don't wanna be that guy who spooks an animal and sends a rider to the hospital or worse.

They seem to appreciate it and the interactions are always friendly.

LateStarter

Postby LateStarter » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:03 pm

The horseys seem to know I always have a stash of Oat & Honey bars in my handlebar bag, happy to share, the "problem" with CP is of course the cars, get rid of them and everyone else is happy. Night times there are bliss.
Bill (Long Distance Dreamer)
2008 Cannondale Touring 2, 2013 Vivente World Randonneur, 2015 Lynskey Sportive Disc