Rudder Creek Trail

sampearson

Rudder Creek Trail

Postby sampearson » Sat May 13, 2023 1:53 pm

Hi riders. I"m trying to plan a route to Gordon shops. Google Maps tells me I can cycle along Lane Cove Valley Walk along Rudder Creek Trail then continue onto Lady Game Drive. Does anyone know how exactly I get form the end of Rudder Creek Trail onto Lady Game Dv safely?

find_bruce

Re: Rudder Creek Trail

Postby find_bruce » Sat May 13, 2023 2:28 pm

It's a bit of a shocker isn't it - I would normally suggest using the pedestrian crossing, however despite their being a trail head there is no pedestrian crossing in any direction. You will want to turn right with the rest of the vehicles from Lane Cove Rd, which will involve crossing 2 lanes of traffic to get to the lane 2nd from the right. Unless you get lucky with an absence of traffic, you could wait until Lady Game Drive has a right turning arrow & cross 2 lanes then wait to turn right.

Perhaps a better alternative is to skip Rudder Creek Trail & stay on Lane Cove Valley Walk till you go under De Burgh's Bridge, then go up Old De Burghs Bridge Rd & follow the path up to Lady Game Dr. There is still no pedestrian crossing, but you should get plenty of opportunity to cross safely
Anything you can do, I can do slower