Harbour Bridge ramp

Timmeh

Re: Harbour Bridge ramp

Postby Timmeh » Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:52 am

Yes, great to see the project finally approved. But why the 18 month construction timeline? That seems quite excessive to me.

AndrewCowley

Postby AndrewCowley » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:36 am

The 18 months might take into account doing some of the work at night in a restricted time window.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:04 pm

The overheads to do construction in Australia make it one of the most costly and time consuming place in the world
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

Thoglette

Postby Thoglette » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:01 am

mikesbytes wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:04 pm
The overheads to do construction in Australia make it one of the most costly and time consuming place in the world
Where's the permit holder and area operator? Or traffic management? And what about battering, bunding and an exclusion area around that hole?

More seriously, the bridge ramp is going to be a b&^%$#d of a job: very congested space with lots of opportunities for expensive and very public mistakes. Traffic management will be a nightmare (there's no way they'll be able to permanently close the roads in the drop zone) I wonder what they're going to do for cranes?? There's almost no room for laydown areas so most materials will have to come in on a truck and get used immediately (i.e. assembled off site and then hauled in on a truck). Might have to pull up a barge for some bits.

At least the dongas could go in Luna park :-)
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:08 pm

I expect the construction will be pre-cast steel+concrete sections trucked in and assembled on site, as they did for the shared-use bridges over Warringah Road on the Northern Beaches Hospital project. Conna be interesting to see how they manage to get them down into the congested confines of Kirribilli.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:00 am

Thoglette wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:01 am
mikesbytes wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:04 pm
Where's the permit holder and area operator? Or traffic management? And what about battering, bunding and an exclusion area around that hole?

More seriously, the bridge ramp is going to be a b&^%$#d of a job: very congested space with lots of opportunities for expensive and very public mistakes. Traffic management will be a nightmare (there's no way they'll be able to permanently close the roads in the drop zone) I wonder what they're going to do for cranes?? There's almost no room for laydown areas so most materials will have to come in on a truck and get used immediately (i.e. assembled off site and then hauled in on a truck). Might have to pull up a barge for some bits.

At least the dongas could go in Luna park :-)
Also the work needs to be done at night so not to interfere with the traffic. Local residents will be issued with ear plugs so they can sleep.
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?