Looking for vomunteers for a cycling based research project at UniSC (Sunshine Coast)

Lee K

Looking for vomunteers for a cycling based research project at UniSC (Sunshine Coast)

Postby Lee K » Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:46 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping there's some good people that can help me out.

I am running a research project at UniSC (Sunshine Coast) - looking into whether diet and exercise affects the results of body composition testing.

I'm looking for volunteers that have their own:
Road bike,
Smart trainer (I have limited availability of a few different smart trainers if required),
Access to Zwift (I can probably sort this out if there's anyone interested that doesn't have Zwift)

In return, volunteers will get:
an appropriate diet (all foods included) for 3 days
4 x DXA scans (the X-ray machine that determines fat and muscle masss)
3 x Bio Impedence Analysis (a little machine that passes a small electrical current to determine fat, muscle and body water mass)
3 x BodPod assessments (a machine that uses air displacement to determine fat and muscle mass)
VO2Max testing - determine true max wattage, O2 consumption and heart rate
A report that combines the results to determine an extremely accurate estimate of fat and muscle mass
A report that indicates appropriate energy consumption for different training efforts
A consultation with an accredited Sports Dietitian to interpret the results

The body composition alone, would set back the average punter several hundred dollars if done privately.

The next round of research is coming up (weekend of the 19th Aug) BUT I will likely have to run more sessions after that to get the numbers I need - I can liase with people individually if they cannot make the weekend of the 19th but still want to jump in.

Anyone interested can contact me via and I'll send more information:
Email (this email address)
Whatsapp: (removed)
Mobile: (removed)
Facebook: Search for Lee Koboroff

Thanks everyone.

Lee

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Looking for vomunteers for a cycling based research project at UniSC (Sunshine Coast)

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:55 am

Phone numbers removed... this is a public forum and such data is then online forever.

My suggestions
- for anyone interested - please send a private message.
- While I assume this is legit, for participants, seek information about this study to confirm that it is formal / endorsed study
Cycling is in my BNA