Toorak and St Kilda Road

Andrew Cee

Toorak and St Kilda Road

Postby Andrew Cee » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:51 pm

I am not a cyclist but an observer of the intersection. As the traffic lights are now programmed south bound cyclist get ten seconds of green light traffic light time and north bound perhaps fifteen seconds, the latter being while left turning traffic into Kingsway is held back for a whole traffic light cycle and there is not a reason why cyclists can't proceed north while the car left turning red is displayed.

I am not sure if the traffic lights are under control of VicRoads or CYP, but I urge anyone with contacts in VicRoads to point out this ridiculous situation, that no one would blame cyclists for disobeying, and they are.

With something like my count of the evening peak of twenty plus cyclists per set of traffic lights southbound, ten seconds is not even enough time for all waiting cyclists to get through before facing a red bicycle light.

I'd like to think only CYP is capable of such stupidity and it is not VicRoads, but eventually VicRoads will have control, so get your views known.

fat and old

Re: Toorak and St Kilda Road

Postby fat and old » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:02 pm

Who is CYP?

Intersection is DOT. Both streets are.

Andrew Cee

Re: Toorak and St Kilda Road

Postby Andrew Cee » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:54 pm

Cross Yarra Partnership, the authority building the the Metro Tunnel. It has temporary control over the intersection, not VicRoads or DoT.