M4 Safety Alert Thread

g-boaf

Re: M4 Safety Alert Thread

Postby g-boaf » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:52 pm

The underpass mentioned before is still dirty but dry, so be careful through there.

Another surprise annoyance is the bridge over the railway line just after Guildford station. It is blocked and appears some sort of major overhaul is going to happen. No warning about this that I’m aware of.

I had to go down to Guildford station and take the underpass tunnel to get across to the east side of the railway line. Very annoying.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:07 pm

The pathway underneath the railway bridge at Granville (on Woodville Rd) might be a bit dodgy tomorrow morning. :!:

A truck broke down on the road lane beside there this afternoon (right under the railway bridge) at 4:30pm when I went through there and appears to have dumped diesel or something else all over the road. The repair crews were there working on the road tonight at 8:30pm.

SteveTheTiger

Postby SteveTheTiger » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:46 pm

g-boaf wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:52 pm
Another surprise annoyance is the bridge over the railway line just after Guildford station. It is blocked and appears some sort of major overhaul is going to happen. No warning about this that I’m aware of.

I had to go down to Guildford station and take the underpass tunnel to get across to the east side of the railway line. Very annoying.
I just posted about this in the Greystanes Canal thread. Seems like it's been closed for a week so far. Have you found out any more information about it?

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:59 pm

SteveTheTiger wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:46 pm
g-boaf wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:52 pm

I just posted about this in the Greystanes Canal thread. Seems like it's been closed for a week so far. Have you found out any more information about it?
Afraid not, always in a rush to get to work or from work and didn't see any obvious contact details. I only go that way on commutes. If I do see something more I'll mention it.