Latest International Road Racing

find_bruce

Re: Latest International Road Racing

Postby find_bruce » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:11 am

There's a lot of big names among the DNFs - can't say I blame them in those conditions
Anything you can do, I can do slower

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:12 am

Only 44 finishers from a start list of 174 !!!!

1 guy was a non-starter. Maybe he was the smart one !!

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:07 pm

Grace Brown LBL Femme winner. First woman Aussie, great stuff. Missed that it was even on, only realised when I switched channels last night and came across the LBL mens race. A few falls, but nowhere remotely near as inhospitable as Flèche Wallone last weekend!

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:53 pm

Pogačar smashes the field (including MVDP) in about the same way the MVDP crushed the field in Roubaix.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:11 pm

familyguy wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:07 pm
Grace Brown LBL Femme winner. First woman Aussie, great stuff. Missed that it was even on, only realised when I switched channels last night and came across the LBL mens race. A few falls, but nowhere remotely near as inhospitable as Flèche Wallone last weekend!
Thought the headline Liège-Bastogne-Liège: Grace Brown wins breakaway sprint to claim Monument victory undersold the victory a bit - hardly a "breakaway" when 4 of the 6 were top contenders, Brown who had twice come 2nd, Vollering a 2 time winner, Longo Borghini with a 3rd & 2nd last year to Vollering & Niewiadoma who has a 3rd & 4th among her 7 previous attempts.

The only real outsider was Kiwi Cadzow. Vos was the main contender who didn't make the split

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:34 pm

familyguy wrote:
Brilliant !!

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:54 pm

Yes, it was good to see her take out a big one. :mrgreen:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:37 am

find_bruce wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:11 pm
familyguy wrote:
Thought the headline Liège-Bastogne-Liège: Grace Brown wins breakaway sprint to claim Monument victory undersold the victory a bit - hardly a "breakaway" when 4 of the 6 were top contenders, Brown who had twice come 2nd, Vollering a 2 time winner, Longo Borghini with a 3rd & 2nd last year to Vollering & Niewiadoma who has a 3rd & 4th among her 7 previous attempts.

The only real outsider was Kiwi Cadzow. Vos was the main contender who didn't make the split
Well, she was in a breakaway of 6 riders being chased by a smaller group containing Vos, and she won the sprint - so yes, she won the sprint from the breakaway group :-)
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:00 pm

MichaelB wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:34 pm
familyguy wrote:
Brilliant !!
Another Aussie just missed out on the Top 10, Neve Bradbury in 11th Place