Perfect conditions this morning

chriso_29er

Perfect conditions this morning

Postby chriso_29er » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:31 pm

Couldn't have asked for better conditions this morning. Hope you enjoy the Video.
Hitting up one of my favourite local trails near Melbourne.
Cheers,
Chriso

brumby33

Re: Perfect conditions this morning

Postby brumby33 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:27 pm

Wow Chriso...great riding and film/editing skills...I really enjoyed that...but not as much as you obviously :lol:

I wish MTBs were around when i was a young bloke....some of the places i took my ordinary 28inch steel road bike was really not that kind to it.

brumby33
"ya gotta hold ya mouth right"

VWR Patagonia 2017
2003 Diamondback Sorrento Sport MTB

chriso_29er

Postby chriso_29er » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:10 am

brumby33 wrote:Wow Chriso...great riding and film/editing skills...I really enjoyed that...but not as much as you obviously :lol:

I wish MTBs were around when i was a young bloke....some of the places i took my ordinary 28inch steel road bike was really not that kind to it.

brumby33
Thanks Mate :)

Mountain bikes really have come a long way. My first MTB was a Shogun Trailbreaker back in about 1990. Rigid both ends and rough as guts once you got any speed off-road. With Cantilever brakes that threw the towel in at the first sign of moisture ha ha. I ended up bending the front forks and handle bars lol.

A modern trail bike like my Trance are great all round, still climb nicely and cruise ok on flatter stuff. But then are still almost unfazed by very rough or fast stuff.

brumby33

Postby brumby33 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:45 am

chriso_29er wrote:
brumby33 wrote:Wow Chriso...great riding and film/editing skills...I really enjoyed that...but not as much as you obviously :lol:

brumby33

Mountain bikes really have come a long way. My first MTB was a Shogun Trailbreaker back in about 1990. Rigid both ends and rough as guts once you got any speed off-road. With Cantilever brakes that threw the towel in at the first sign of moisture ha ha. I ended up bending the front forks and handle bars lol.

A modern trail bike like my Trance are great all round, still climb nicely and cruise ok on flatter stuff. But then are still almost unfazed by very rough or fast stuff.
Yeah but Chriso, back in the 90's our own human shock absorbers would've been so much better to smooth out stuff...mine have now seized up :lol:
I have an early 2,000's Diamondback Sorrento I want to bring back to serviceable life for bush tracks but i'm not likely to be doing what you do :mrgreen:
"ya gotta hold ya mouth right"

VWR Patagonia 2017
2003 Diamondback Sorrento Sport MTB

mikgit

Postby mikgit » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:30 pm

chriso_29er wrote:

With Cantilever brakes that threw the towel in at the first sign of moisture ha ha.
Thats why they invented Scott Matthusa brake pads, damn those things were brilliant (should have been for the $$$$$) :mrgreen:
Fat Chance Yo Eddy 2.2, Intense Sniper XC Pro, Look 675, Cervelo R3, GT Xizang, GT Zaskar, Yeti ARC, DiamondBack Apex

mikgit

Postby mikgit » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:34 pm

brumby33 wrote: Yeah but Chriso, back in the 90's our own human shock absorbers would've been so much better to smooth out stuff...mine have now seized up :lol:
AInt that the truth, I love to ride my HT's, but even my mid 90's Ti HT, I come back from a few hours riding that and I'm half dead, let alone my alu HT's. FS, to me, not as much fun, but sure is easier on the body.
Fat Chance Yo Eddy 2.2, Intense Sniper XC Pro, Look 675, Cervelo R3, GT Xizang, GT Zaskar, Yeti ARC, DiamondBack Apex

Calvin27

Postby Calvin27 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:10 am

brumby33 wrote:
Yeah but Chriso, back in the 90's our own human shock absorbers would've been so much better to smooth out stuff...mine have now seized up :lol:

I'd happily give up 160mm pikes, and CCDB for a big w hard tail equipped with 15 year old knees hauling 30kg less! :D
Heavy road bike
Cushy dirt bike
Very cushy dirt bike
Bike crushed by car (RIP)
No brakes bike
Ebike

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:13 pm

How much time do you spend setting up the camera(s) versus riding when you shoot these videos? And how many takes do you do for each scene?

Asking for a friend ;-)

chriso_29er

Postby chriso_29er » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:40 pm

trailgumby wrote:How much time do you spend setting up the camera(s) versus riding when you shoot these videos? And how many takes do you do for each scene?

Asking for a friend ;-)

It does burn a bit of time, about an hour on top of my normal ride.
Most sections are done in 1 take, but I like to get some of the bigger features from both front and rear.

This was another couple shot in a similar fashion.