E-Bike Parking

matt248

E-Bike Parking

Postby matt248 » Mon May 27, 2019 9:50 pm

Hi everyone,

I’m currently conducting my honours research project on E-bike parking and infrastructure and investigating ways Melbourne and other cities could implement and improve E-bike parking in the near future. It would be great if you could spare a few minutes to complete this small servery, as this data will help me improve current and future systems.
Linking this survey to other E-bike cyclist you know is also greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Matt.

Survey Link: https://forms.gle/KM5NJr1oYtcTC6ug8

mecheic

Re: E-Bike Parking

Postby mecheic » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:14 am

Well, at Ebikes, there is not as a range anxiety as in cars. The average cyclist in the city should travel a maximum of 10km and can then load at home or work by removing the battery. Load on the way is then rather something for courier drivers to refuel during the lunch break, or for bicycle travelers, which can then also usually in the hotel / restaurant load. In addition, all Schuko sockets here from the directory. There's enough.

Because of theft ... There are good locks and insurance, because I do not see the city in duty. At most, that bike stands are available, which are fixed.

Lose batteries on the Ebike, is it still available today?

In general, I would be happy if there was a good charging infrastructure for Ebikes, but that only makes sense where there are nodes of Fahradfernwegen. Normally, Ebikes have a range around the 60-100km, which is probably too much for most people to do that several times a day.

zebee

Re: E-Bike Parking

Postby zebee » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:59 pm

there are power points in the bike cage at work and I have seen the odd battery plugged in but seldom.

I did bring my charger to work the first time I took the e-trike because I didn't know if the quoted range would include the steep hills and the heavy trike and rider. The battery gauge looked fine when I got to work but gauges are notorious for staying high for ages then plummeting. But I didn't bother after that first time as my bike copes with the 20km each way trip even when I am using high for the Mucking Great Hill. It manages 2 trips without a charge but I get antsy about that having run out of everything but power for the lights once. Can ride home but much slower up the last hill!

If all bikes used the same charger or could just plug into the wall it would be great - plug in if you forgot to charge. But they don't and I dunno anyone could be bothered lugging a charger around Just In Case. Maybe in 10 years there will be a push in the EU to standardise on connectors the way they did for phones...