Cargo bikes spotted in the wild...

Pax

Cargo bikes spotted in the wild...

Postby Pax » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:43 pm

Have you spotted a cargo bike out and about and been fleet-of-camera enough to get a shot of it?

I was in Christchurch for a Paediatric Cancer conference over the past few days and spotted this black Bullet with a really wide box sitting in the rain at "The Tannery"

Image...not a great photo but it was raining so it was a bit rushed!!

Post any spottings here!

caneye

Re: Cargo bikes spotted in the wild...

Postby caneye » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:34 pm

i often see a gentleman riding a black cargo bike around North Rocks (either on North Rocks Road or Barclay Road) during the morning peak hour, confidently taking the lane and mixing with the traffic. He's often in smart-casual attire (i.e. casual pants, jacket,etc .. ). Doesn't look local (to me). Maybe a new teacher at the local school ... or an European :D

never had the opportunity to snap a photo 'cos i'm driving whenever i've seen him ... unfortunately!

Pax

Postby Pax » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:44 pm

caneye wrote:i often see a gentleman riding a black cargo bike around North Rocks (either on North Rocks Road or Barclay Road) during the morning peak hour, confidently taking the lane and mixing with the traffic. He's often in smart-casual attire (i.e. casual pants, jacket,etc .. ). Doesn't look local (to me). Maybe a new teacher at the local school ... or an European :D

never had the opportunity to snap a photo 'cos i'm driving whenever i've seen him ... unfortunately!
I was going to say "photos or it didn't happen" but fair enough...can't whip out the phone for a photo when you're driving! :D

Wixxy

Postby Wixxy » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:38 pm

Dad with kid in box - similar type to the above pic in East Guildford, WA

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:48 am

Safety concerns aside, this is impressive:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bikecommuting/ ... g_service/

blizzard

Postby blizzard » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:34 pm

The swimming pool often has cargo bikes. Today there was Tern HSD, a Yuba Mundo, my bike and another Yuba that was leaving as I arrived. Also a few bikes with trailers. Makes me happy seeing them all together.