Hooloogoon motobikes

Ivanerrol

Hooloogoon motobikes

Postby Ivanerrol » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:38 pm

The mounted (horse police) were out today on the Darebin Creek trail - intercepting illegal motor powered bicycles, trail bikes and other scoff laws.
I passed them as they had held up a 4 wheel drive motorised buggy. The rider looked miffed. I expect him to front a magistrate in the near distant future.
There is a problem with youths riding mechanically powered bicycles along the trail.

Only last night there was a police chase involving the helicopter chasing illegal motorcycles around the area.

The book needs to be thrown around here. The introduction of mounted police is a great idea.

vaypaz

Re: Hooloogoon motobikes

Postby vaypaz » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:06 pm

Would love to see them on the Footscray Rd path during peak hours sometime.

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:58 pm

Really? That's good. It can be really bad at times, especially around Northland to maybe Bunny park. I remember Tailwind (member here years ago) having an attempted intimidation pulled on him, and I've played chicken once or twice. Up further, around Mill Park/Epping, there's a few African types who will run into you if they're in the mood. Thankfully never seen more than 5 of them, so not a gang. :lol:

Bentnose

Postby Bentnose » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:39 pm

I stopped using the Darebin Creek Trail on my evening commute to to various problems with aggressive behaviour from groups of youths, always happened around Northland. I don't commute anymore so not an issue any more.
No signature

4xsama

Postby 4xsama » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:26 pm

A few Sunday's ago I was riding the single tracks next to the Main Yarra Trail and heard a few motorbikes razzing around. They must have been riding along the main trail. I didn't see any motorbike tracks on the single track but plenty of ripped up turf next to the main trail.

I have to say I was a bit worried about coming across one on the tracks. I think they get onto the trails at Bourke Rd.

A few hidden cameras on the trail would be good but I doubt they would even have rego plates if they are motocross bikes.
CANYON Inflite AL SLX 8.0 Pro Race. Pivot Mach 429 Trail

Mozziediver

Postby Mozziediver » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:57 pm

Saw one out on the Koonung yesterday (18 Aug) about 11 am. Lots of noise, two stroke.
Probably came off the Yarraleen Trail/ Sefton St pedestrian bridge.
Lots of little kids around the area,
Moz
------------
Surly LHT 2013, '74 Raleigh 20 folder updated, Focus Aventura2 ebike.

Gary100

Postby Gary100 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:24 am

Motorcycles on bike trails ate increasing during lockdown. One on Darebin Creek Summerhill at 3:40 today. Reported and posted to FB groups
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 0620771436

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:16 am

fat and old wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:58 pm
Really? That's good. It can be really bad at times, especially around Northland to maybe Bunny park. I remember Tailwind (member here years ago) having an attempted intimidation pulled on him, and I've played chicken once or twice. Up further, around Mill Park/Epping, there's a few African types who will run into you if they're in the mood. Thankfully never seen more than 5 of them, so not a gang. :lol:
There are a lot of white types around here who will run into you if they are in the mood, or kick you off your bike. They did this earlier this year at Eastern Creek with two unfortunate riders coming off worse from it. I think both were taken away in an Ambulance.

And I only just missed a head-on collision with the motorbike rider who caused this as he went wrong-side around a blind corner.

I also remember a motorbike on my local cycleway last year - it was blue and white and had lights flashing away. :roll: As if the front of a charity ride really needs to have a Police motorbike clearing the way for them. Shouldn't it be the other way around, the charity ride gives way to local residents?

The motorbikes are still a problem around here too, and it's worse with little kids out with their families. Soon enough the inevitable will happen, though I hope not. There is no easy way to stop them except for putting very narrowly spaced bollards at every entrance to the cycleways. This will also block recumbent bikes and other non-standard things. But I cannot think of any other way stop motorbikes. You cannot have Police patrols all day non-stop, there isn't the resources for that.
4xsama wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:26 pm
A few hidden cameras on the trail would be good but I doubt they would even have rego plates if they are motocross bikes.
Cameras are hopeless, these things go so quickly that the camera cannot get clear images or the light is poor. The riders often have their face covered by a helmet or something else to hide who they are, no number plates so it's pretty useless. On the M7 cycleway in Western Sydney we've seen Police on trailbikes patrolling to try and stop these people on unregistered motorbikes using the cycleway. But fairly infrequently. I remember it clearly because we saw these motorbikes on there and they stopped at Eastern Creek. One very irate bicycle rider caught up with them and was getting ready to start yelling at the two motorbike riders, until it became obvious they were Police. :wink:

tsep

Postby tsep » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:06 pm

fat and old wrote:
Come on this is a racial slur-calling it!
this type of behaviour is not limited to any one nationality or 'type', it is more of a mindset. It annoys me too as a cyclist and someone who lives next to a rail corridor. The DIY aspect of it I can appreciate as this type of tinkering in the shed I remember as a kid to make a frankenstein moto-bike , just a shame they need to add a noisy petrol engine to a fine machine!

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:58 pm

tsep wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:06 pm
fat and old wrote:
this type of behaviour is not limited to any one nationality or 'type', it is more of a mindset.
Ditto.

fat and old, you are better than that.

I'll assume a hasty and regrettable post of the sort that I sometimes do at 3 in the morning. :oops:
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:12 pm

I've had to think about a reply here. To be honest, being "called out" 27 months after making a statement makes me feel like I'm one of those celebrities that posted on instaface before they were famous :lol:

Colin, you're not far off. I'd had a group of the young fellas decide to bail me up as they were apparently more deserving of my bike than I was. It escalated, and I'll leave it at that. I speak from personal, first hand experience. If it's offensive to some that this happened to me, well I'm sorry.

I remember there was another member years ago who told the story of how he'd been bailed up as well, on Beach Rd getting his bike out of his car. He ID'd the dude as African. No one jumped him?

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:43 am

ColinOldnCranky wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:58 pm
tsep wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:06 pm
fat and old wrote:
this type of behaviour is not limited to any one nationality or 'type', it is more of a mindset.
Ditto.

fat and old, you are better than that.

I'll assume a hasty and regrettable post of the sort that I sometimes do at 3 in the morning. :oops:
And we have young anglo-saxon youths who get about on motorbikes trying to intimidate riders or even knocking people off bikes deliberately. It's not just one particular group.